Convert Gallons To Letres?

1. A

Adz Member Member

Hey there,

i'm totaly new to this tropical fish hobby and am a little confused about gallons. i'm from New Zealand so i'm use to reading letres. can you please explane how many gallons there are to a letre.

could you also please explane the meanings of herbivores and all those sort of words you use for each fish?

cheers,
    Adz.

2. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

3. f

fletch Member Member

where abouts in new zealand are you from? Im going to martinborough for a year in january. a whole year of summer!!! ;D

please tell me you dont use kilometres over there cuz i dont think ill be very favourable with the police

4. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

Cheers for that link.

what sorta fish do you have in your aquarium? I've started off with the Zebra Danio's like it says on this website. I got 6 of them.

Adz.

Hey Fletch,

I Live in Christhcurch and yes we do use Kilometers, sorry to break the news to you like that lol

what sorta fish are you hobbying?

5. f

fletch Member Member

Oh balls!! will have to get used to that then, at least your petrol is cheap!!
    I have:
    3 dwarf gouramis
    3 baby dwarf gouramis(2 months)
    1 male sword tail
    3 female sword tails
    2 black widows
    1 demasoni
    1 female guppy
    2 silver tip tetras
    3 harlequin rasboras
    1 peruvian ram cichlid
    1 sucking catfish
    2 white cloud m.minnows
    5 peppered corys
    4 bumblebee gobys
    and a recently widowed dwarf aquatic frog

what do you have?

6. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

you've had your tank for a while then lol

I've only just had my tank going for bout 3 weeks, so i've got 6 Zebra danio's but i'm soo tempted to get more of them.
    I love watching them swim in their schools.

Petrol isnt that cheap over here. where bouts are you on the globe? how much is petrol there?

7. f

fletch Member Member

Im from Corwall in England. I heard it was dead cheap over your way. Im paying 89 pence litre at the moment which is about 2.28 NZD. so have i got my hopes up on that then? how much is it?

8. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

you'l enjoy your holiday here then, its $1.40 here ;D

9. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

Ours is $1.20 in Australia and I got:
    2 Lyretail Swordtails (1male 1female)
    1 Reg. Swordtail
    2 Guppies (1m 1f)
    1 Cory Sterbai
    1 Red-tail Shark
    2 Dwarf Gourami
    2 Anglefish
    1 Chinese algae eater
    1 Bristlenose catfish
    1 Synodontis Eurptus (Feather fin Catfish)
    6 Neon tetrasl

10. f

fletch Member Member

ouch. thats cheap. weve got it bad here then!! whats a cory sterbai? is that a corydoras species?

11. M

Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Right! Who's up for mass emigration to NZ then? I'll be going there one day - just gotta get over my addiction to visiting south africa :-\ I've made a breakthrough though - I'm going to Canada this year instead Woohoo!

12. f

fletch Member Member

thats a good idea! Im getting a house here and one somewhere in wairarupa so hopefully if i go back and forwards every six months i'll have an eternal summer!!!! ;D

13. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

Good Thinking!!

If you do make it to christchurch let me know :)

14. M

Bundle over to Fletch's house then! :D Got any space in your suitcase? I'm a bit bored of this eternal rain... I'm all bundled up in my winter clothes with heating on and it's meant to be summer!! :'(

15. f

fletch Member Member

You should all head down to cornwall then. its tropical down here (well its it today).

16. C

Craig Well Known Member Member

i mean is it just me fletch! is winter comin early its freezin over here in NI!!! :'(

17. M

Defo bundle down Fletch's house then! ;D Lucky thing... its very cold in Norwich tonight :-\

18. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

Fletch's house it is then, its winter here too :-\

19. f

fletch Member Member

wow, the subject realy changed in here! alll welcome as long as i can get a free ride back in adz suitcase. It would save me a lot of money for a visa

20. OP
    OP
    A

Adz Member Member

sounds good, i'l just wear the suit, that way there will be room in the case for ya :D