Container For Small Tank Top Offs

1. THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

I have a plastic hug that I just finished that had Arizona ice tea in it..how should I go about cleaning it keep in mind my tap water gets ridiculously hot so I ran it through that a couple times...should I do that a bunch more times...then when I fill it should I add a few drops of prime and let it sit for a couple days and test it or will it be safe to add to an 8.8 and a 10 occasionally...thanks!!

2. Katie13

Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I would say if you rings it out well, it should be fine. I used to use a 2 gallon Hawaiian Punch jug for my smaller tanks.

3. OP
    OP
    THE HABITAT

THE HABITAT Well Known Member Member

Thanks..should I add prime or when I do a top off just add a little right to the tank being topped off

4. Katie13

Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

A good rule when adding dechlorinator is if you add it in after adding the water, you need to dose the entire tank. When adding it before, you only need to dose the amount your adding.

5. tunafax

tunafax Well Known Member Member

I know milk jugs aren't good for water, and I wouldn't use anything that at some point contained acid-y drinks. Even asked my dad about it.

I got my milk-size jug from the dollar store. It had drinking water in it. I'd recommend the jug, but not the drinking water.