Considering Golden Rams

Discussion in 'Ram Cichlid' started by jinnix, Aug 6, 2015.

1. jinnixNew MemberMember

I have fallen in love with golden rams and am very interested in getting some. We've got six danios and a baby guppy, and we're planning on adding some tetras in the future. We've got a 20lg. Really I'm just looking for some information on them. Do they need a school, or certain types of water, or will they fight with my fish? I would love advice from anyone with experience.
    Thanks!

2. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

No, they don't need a school, but they aren't compatible with danios because danios need cooler water.
    And they are sensitive to water quality and should only be added to established tanks.

3. adude

adudeValued MemberMember

Hm, I dont really get that. How old does your tank have to be in order to be established. What things to look for? Are we looking at months? Years? I understand it all depends on the system but just wondering what the general numbers are. Averages.

4. Anders247

A tank is established when the nitrogen cycle has been established (0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, and 40 or less nitrates) for at least a month, some say 6 months though.

5. adude

adudeValued MemberMember

Ok, thanks

6. Anders247

No problem!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice