Considering a pictus cat

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Alright yall, today I lost my bristlenosed pleco and before rushing out and buying another, I am thinking about getting a pictus instead. I just need to know, will he be compatible with my tiger barbs and my cherries (which are currently a little on the small side). I know they get to 4-5 inches but apparently they have BIG mouths.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I honestly don't think your tank would be big enough. I personally don't have one but from differnt places I have seen, they all say to put them in a tank that has lots of room to swim something like a 30-40 gallon long.
Tom

Gamer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I read that a 20 gal minimum is what they need. That source could be wrong of course. Anyway, I wonder what other catfish I could have. I'd love a striped raphael but once it gets bigger it could devour my smaller barbs.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Here it says about a 75 gallon

Tom

Shelby

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If your cherries are small less than 1 inch I would say they would be in DANGER. My catfish killed a small platy less than an inch, my cat isn't very large 2 to 3 inches. couldn't get the whole thing in it's mouth but tried. Hasn't harmed anything else yet. But they are fun to watch always swimming cruising the tank for stuff to eat.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom