Congrats!

1. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

To me!

I haven't been around for a little while, and I'm sorry for that; I've missed the forum and everybody here.

The reason I haven't been around is that I have been finishing up my graduate school application.

On Friday, I was not only accepted, but offered a teaching assistantship in the PhD program within the Chemistry Department at my first choice graduate school. This comes with a full scholarship, and a living stipend. I was a science nerd before, but now I can be one for real, and get paid to do it :)

I just wanted to thank everybody here for supporting me through the last couple of years, as they've been tough.

Thanks for everything, guys!

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Aww thats awesome! Congrats :D

3. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

WHOO HOO!!:happy0064:

Congrats to you is right!!! I know how stressful and demanding school is, and how exceptional you must have to be, to have been offered such a fantastic opportunity!

Good for you! You must be so excited! :;bananabeer When do we party??

4. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

thanks guys; I'm super psyched! I'm kinda stoked about being able to use my lab equipment for fishy stuff, lol.

5. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

You know you're addicted to fish when....

:giggle:

6. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

...when you want to misapproriate your eventual doctoral degree and the equipment for said degree for fish use lol.

7. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Exactly XD

8. Everythingzen Well Known Member Member

That's super exciting! Congratulations hon!!
    :;hf

9. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Wonderful news!!!

Nothing wrong with being a science nerd.
    We have a herd of them on this site.

Dino- founding member of the Nerd Herd!

10. Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Well done!

11. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Wow! That's great news!
    Congratulations!

12. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

I know I said it before but WAY TO GO! soon to be Dr crackerz lol

13. wisecrackerz Well Known Member Member

Awwww, thanks you guys :) it's so nice to be a member of such a distinguished herd! i'm super psyched to be a professional nerd. you guys have really been a source of stability and sanity in my ridiculously crazy life, from concussed loaches, to heat waves, to intercontinental travel, to low maintenance care for my full time fish sitter. Thanks for all the help and advice, from myself and from my fish!

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Congrats! Keep us posted on how you're doing :)
    Carol

15. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

That's wonderfull! Well done, bravo. See, hard work DOES pay off in the end.