Congo Tetras

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwampFox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I really like the looks of these guys but haven't seen any at my LFS's does anybody know the rarity of finding these guys?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've seen them at many shops. They aren't generally found in chain stores, but I wouldn't say they are hard to come by at the locally owned shops.
If you can't find any good local shops, try finding an aquarium club. A lot of times, members will sell fish to you, or at least point you in the right direction toward quality shops.

TheSwampFox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks Harpua. I've checked a lot of fish stores over the weekend, but I'm sure there are more because I didn't even know any of ones I looked at existed until I began searching.

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Australian fish shops, even the chains, carry them regularly. Doesn't help you much I know
They are cool though. And they grow very quicky.

TheSwampFox

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found some today at another LFS. Now I know where I'm going to get them!

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I am curious about the price range of these guys. Cuz down here i was lucky to get 2 of them for $4 each. They got really colorful after a few days in their new and nicer environment so i decided to get 4 to 6 more of them. Only to find that they were at $10 now... is that the averege prize elsewhere?

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
$8-10 each is a pretty common price IME. Wholesale cost on them is higher than a lot of other species.

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
ty guys...then i guess that i bought those 2 just before the store realized the prize mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom