Congo Tetra Attacking Bala Sharks?

IcedColdMine

I have various fish in my tank but I have this congo tetra that keeps attacking or chasing my 2 Bala Sharks for some reason, is there anything I can do to stop this or is this normal?

JesseMoreira06

IcedColdMine said:
I have various fish in my tank but I have this congo tetra that keeps attacking or chasing my 2 Bala Sharks for some reason, is there anything I can do to stop this or is this normal?
How many Congos do you have? they are schooling fish and should be kept in a group of 6+ , 1 male to 2 females.

That could be the reason for nippy behaviour.

IcedColdMine

JesseMoreira06 said:
How many Congos do you have? they are schooling fish and should be kept in a group of 6+ , 1 male to 2 females.

That could be the reason for nippy behaviour.
Only 1 congo tetra and 2 Bala sharks. The tank is pretty small imo so idk.....

Sepehr

You must add more congo tetras!
Bala Sharks are also Schooling fish so they need to be kept in groups.
What are the aquarium dimensions?
What size tank?

IcedColdMine

Sepehr said:
You must add more congo tetras!
Bala Sharks are also Schooling fish so they need to be kept in groups.
What are the aquarium dimensions?
What size tank?
12.5 length 30 width, 40 gallon... was given as a gift from a friend.

JesseMoreira06

Bala Sharks are shoaling fish that get to 12" and require a 150-180g aquarium.

Congo Tetras are schooling fish that get 4-5" and require a 75 gallon at the minimum.

I would rehome everyone , start over with a new appropriate stock of fish.

IcedColdMine

JesseMoreira06 said:
Bala Sharks are shoaling fish that get to 13-14" and require a 150-180g aquarium.

Congo Tetras are schooling fish that get 4-5" and require a 75 gallon at the minimum.

I would rehome everyone , start over with a new appropriate stock of fish.
So what should I do then...... I don't have money to buy a new tank and I don't want to give them over to petco/petsmart care either...... no fish shops near my area either...

Sepehr

agree with JesseMoreira06

JoeCamaro

You can put them up for adoption on Craigslist, LetGo or OfferUp. Make sure whoever gets them have what the fish need to thrive.

TexasDomer

The Congos would do better in your tank temporarily than the balas, so I would concentrate on getting rid of those first, and then worry about finding a home for the Congos.

Latest threads

Top Bottom