Confused on what to get.

Ay1a

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey everyone, just am in a little situation and I can't decide on what to get, so here's my problem... I have $220 saved up and am deciding on buying a new tank for my room now, right now I have a friend who is looking to sell her aquarium for $200, it's 150 gallons but that's all I'll get if I buy it so it will take me another month to get another $100 for lighting, a filter and all that good stuff... the second part is that on craigslist I see a deal that offers a 100 gallon aquarium with everything but a filter included for $200 so now my problem is that I don't know which to buy.
I'd like to support my friend and buy hers because well, she's my friend and I can also stock it with more fish, but the CL deal is pretty good so here I am Fish Lore, what should I do?
(Also my friends tank is acrylic if it matters)

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What would you like to keep in the tank? I would probably let that decide for me. I'm not a fan of acrylic tanks either but that's just a personal thing. They are really good but I'm a bit rough at times & they would scratch too easily for me.

kayeleven

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Craigslist deals don't last long and I'm always afraid of the scammer. BUT... I would call/email and set an appointment to see the tank. If you like it, and it is in good condition, go for it. (More for less is always better ) Just don't be afraid to say no when you are there looking if something isn't right with it.
If it doesn't work out you've still got your friends tank. No harm done.
Let us know how it works out.

Scott

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Great advice above. If possible, try to get the price lower so that at least can spare some for your filter, etc. Or IMO, you could wait a little longer till you get more cash to buy everything at one shot then buying it now then letting it collect dust at home.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads