Confused on what filter to get

becca24
I have a 15 galon tank and I would like a filter that is quite. Does anyone here know which one I should buy in the Niagara region. If anyone does, please let me know. It would be great help and greatly appreciated.

sirdarksol
Personally, I like the Tetra Whispers. They're quiet (as long as the water level in the tank doesn't get too low).
There's another, similar filter, I think it's like AquaClear, that other members like alot.
Either is very simple, few moving parts (which means less noise and less upkeep), and effective.
I would avoid a BioWheel, as these have a possibility for a lot more noise, due to more moving parts and more falling water.

COBettaCouple
I really love the Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel filters, but SDS is right. The Whispers are quieter.

MissMTS
I have whispers and aquaclears and they are both equally quiet. Overall, I would go for a aquaclear because it is a much better all-around filter and it has better biological filtration.

zpecialt
We have aquaclears and they are wonderful. Very quiet and efficient.

Bonochick
I love my AquaClear. I agree, very quiet and efficient.

sirdarksol
I really love the Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel filters, but SDS is right. The Whispers are quieter.

Sorry, I didn't quite state that right. I have a Bio-Wheel that I love. I just meant that, if you're looking for the quietest out there, Bio-Wheel isn't the way to go.

becca24
I am looking for something very quiet because my fish are in the same with me. I don't really want to stay awake because of my filter. Thanks for all of the suggestions, I really appreciate it a lot.

COBettaCouple
It's funny, but you get used to the sound of water filters I guess. I have a tank with a Biowheel next to the bed and 12 tanks running in the room now.

tkfury
I like my aquaclear filters - I've found the whisper I have in the 5 gallon is a bit louder but it isn't one of those annoying sounds that keeps me up (if I drop the water level a tiny bit its a soothing sound actually).

Off topic but I'm orginally from Niagara ^_~

sirdarksol
I think it depends on the person, and maybe on the tank.
I get really sensory defensive (fancy words for some sounds set me on edge) over certain sounds (people biting down on/eating chips with their mouths open are the worse), and if I am made aware of the sound of a filter, like if my wife points it out to me, it'll start bothering me (like it's doing right now...)

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
SinisterCichlids
Replies
Views
Lewisccccccccccc
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question