Confused about angel color

SouthAmericanCichlids

So my angel’s color is very strange right now. He’s a silver angel, and so long story with a filter spilling fish poop, causing the death of one of my angels, causing the tank to go into chaos when I was at my dads house. So I have one in a breeder net. And the silver angel’s stripes faded, and so I let the other angel out to see if they could get along, and they didn’t. But the silver angel’s color cane back when I released the other, but they were fighting so I put the silver angel in the net so the other get’s exorcise and I’ll do this till I get 2 more to dilute aggression. But the silver angel in the breeding net is still colored up. I am so confused right now. Do you guys have any idea why he is losing and getting his color. I already was pretty sure he didn’t have a disease since he colored up when I looked from the other room, but not when I stood in front, when he wasn’t in the breeding net.

Spidey

I would think stress. I've had fish that were getting beat up by others that developed a totally different color (usually a darker one so that they could hide better). I would begin to worry if that one starts to refuse to eat, but I don't think that you will have an issue due to the high quality water in your tank. Clean water fixes (almost) everything! I would let him/her chill out with the lights out for a while so that he/she can regain confidence.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Spidey said:
I would think stress. I've had fish that were getting beat up by others that developed a totally different color (usually a darker one so that they could hide better). I would begin to worry if that one starts to refuse to eat, but I don't think that you will have an issue due to the high quality water in your tank. Clean water fixes (almost) everything! I would let him/her chill out with the lights out for a while so that he/she can regain confidence.
I'm just a little confused about why he, in the breeder net in a more stressful situation, is still colored up.

Spidey

SouthAmericanCichlids said:
I'm just a little confused about why he, in the breeder net in a more stressful situation, is still colored up.
Maybe he's just less prone to stress than the other one. All fish take to situations differently. I've had angels that didn't loose any color in the process of bringing them home; I think that it just depends on the fish. (Just like people and their anxiety levels.) Also, It might be a relief for him to be away from the other angel.
Maybe the "he" in the net is a she and the other one was a male that wanted to mate? He'd probably be upset that he can't get to his lady and thus lost color, while the female in the net is relieved to have a break.

Latest threads

Top Bottom