Condensation Inside Hydro 50w - Defective? I Think Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsukkomu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is probably one of those 'I don't even need to ask moments.' But this is my first tank. And I haven't used one of these glass tube type heaters before. I just got a Hydro 50W and stuck it in the back of my Fluval Spec V.....I'm trying to get the temp up....Since I've got it back in the filter compartment with a few holes in the flow tube I expected to have to play around with it for a bit....

I just took it out (unplugged) to adjust it and noticed condensation inside the tube...attached are some pics. also when I drop it into the tank it 'bubbles' like a compartment is filling up with water....

Is this normal? I'm going to go ahead and say no. I'm honestly going to be super bummed....kind of praying there's another part of the heater inside that is protected. UGH!!!!!

There are no fish in the tank.

Attachments

Tsukkomu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If someone could just verify this is not normal.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My heater is black and I cant see inside of it, but I feel very confident that having water inside the heater is not good, and could cause a short.

Tsukkomu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
it is. i was stupid to even post this. contacted Amazon and they refunded my money and sent me a replacement heater? i think that's a sign they have a lot of problems with these.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't see why you think verifying what you suspected was stupid in any way.

Tsukkomu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thanks. i was just bummed about the heater. and also i've been on a lot of forums where asking stupid questions gets you a bunch of really mean replies.

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No questions are considered stupid on FishLore. But I am glad you got it sorted out with Amazon.

Tsukkomu

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
thank you. and yes, i really have been enjoying fishlore. i've been on here reading for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom