Concern?

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Rocky's dorsal fin is lying fairly flat against his back. He is less active than Fred and I don't see him skirting around the tank like Fred does (although he does move positions). Should I be concerned for him? Otherwise, he "looks" normal. (I'll have had him a week on Saturday...) Any advice?

Thanks!

Sharon

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sounds pretty normal, just keep an eye on him for a couple of days. Aren't they cute
Carol

MamaM

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's funny, RIGHT after I posted this--he was sitting on a rock, and flexed his fin at me a couple of times!!! Almost like he was saying "see, it's fine, I like it this way!" But Rocky is definitely the shyer of the two, as Fred is a total spaz and all over the place! It's interesting to see their personallities shine through. I can't wait to get their airstone--I think they'll love it! ;D

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Usually when my Otos are sick of watching me they lower their dorsal fin, as if trying to hide from me to get out of my annoying sight. ;D Or sometimes if I accidentally startle them they'll clamp their fins and freeze. I doubt there's anything wrong with him...he's just a bit shy.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom