Computer Vision Meets Fish Tank Video

Discussion in 'Videos' started by bigdreams, Nov 21, 2017.

1. bigdreams

bigdreamsWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +412
    Experience:
    4 years
    One day I got curious... what if I programmed my computer to track the fish swimming in my fish tank? That led me to tinkering with an open source software library called OpenCV. I fiddled around with the settings, tried a few things, and saved the output as a video, seen below. There's a lot of research in computer science around object recognition and identification ... this mini-project was just an attempt to have some fun poking around with some "older" computer vision technologies. If there any Machine Learning or Computer Vision fish nerds on here, send me a PM.. would love to chat.

2. Bruxes and Bubbles

Bruxes and BubblesWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +2,804
    That's so neat! Thanks for sharing!

3. bigemrg

bigemrgWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +572
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    That's pretty cool. Would be a great way of doing automatic head counts for those faster moving fish!

4. Dila415

Dila415Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +70
    Experience:
    Just started
    This is being used in encryption I forget what company uses lava lamps and I think their Japan office uses goldfish to generate code it's cool thanks for sharing
    #geeksquad
    #girlswhocode