Composition for a slow release humic substance/micronutrient Root Tab (any fellow chemists want to chime in?)

KevlarKid

I was wondering if I could get an opinion from any other chemists/chemistry enthusiasts on the safety/practicality of a homemade root tab formulation I’m planning to experiment with.
The formulation I have come up with contains
70% humic/fulvic acid powder
6% homemade liquid micronutrients (ingredients and analysis listed below)
10% polyurethane glue
14% tank water.
Homemade micronutrient solution ingredients:
Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate, Ammonium Nitrate, Ammonium Molybdate, Potassium Borate, Cobalt Nitrate, Copper EDTA, Iron DPTA, Iron EDDHA, Iron EDTA, Manganese EDTA and finally Zinc EDTA.
The analysis for the resulting liquid is:
Nitrogen 5.5%
Soluble Potash 1.0%
Calcium 5.5%
Boron 0.02%
Cobalt 0.0005%
Copper 0.01%
Iron 0.1%
Manganese 0.05%
Molybdenum 0.0009%
and Zinc 0.015%
If you have the time to go over this with me I would really appreciate any input you have regarding potential reactions that may occur between the fulvic/humic acids and polyurethane glues or chelated metals.
Also if you can see any obvious factors that might contribute to toxicity or overdose for aquarium plants or fish I would love to hear your line of thought on the matter.
I have been doing research on the effects of Humic Substances in the aquatic environment on plants and fish for a couple of years now and am trying to come up with a formulation to provide a slow but constant release of humic substances and their chelation products into the home aquarium environment.
Thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Latest threads

Top Bottom