Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion - Page 58

jinjerJOSH22

I want to post some kind of thread about Gourami, i'm not sure what kind of thread though.

Do I go for an informative post, take my time detailing my experience with various species and how I believe they should be kept.

Do I go for a more interactive post, not exactly sure what, I remember a thread not too long ago, that was "favourite Gourami/Gourami of the day" but that died pretty fast, I think because It probably should've been weekly or monthly and the pictures were copyright. I was also correcting just about every post, I felt bad about that
I'd have a slight advantage here as i've currently got 9 species and plans to get others.

I kind of feel like doing both and I probably will, I also plan on doing a "Build" type thread for my 50 if everything goes to plan. Look forward to that because It might go horribly wrong or not happen but if it works out it might prove interesting.

Yes i've not slept and the likely reason i'm having all these ideas

Crispii

I want to post some kind of thread about Gourami, i'm not sure what kind of thread though.

Do I go for an informative post, take my time detailing my experience with various species and how I believe they should be kept.

Do I go for a more interactive post, not exactly sure what, I remember a thread not too long ago, that was "favourite Gourami/Gourami of the day" but that died pretty fast, I think because It probably should've been weekly or monthly and the pictures were copyright. I was also correcting just about every post, I felt bad about that
I'd have a slight advantage here as i've currently got 9 species and plans to get others.

I kind of feel like doing both and I probably will, I also plan on doing a "Build" type thread for my 50 if everything goes to plan. Look forward to that because It might go horribly wrong or not happen but if it works out it might prove interesting.

It's up to you.

NC122606

You could try and do the informational one, I did one similar to that. You can check mine out as an outline if you’d like! African Butterfly Fish Care | Oddball Fish 415333

Feohw

What's the one monster fish you would love to keep? I'd love Asian arowana or Brachyplatystoma tigrinum. Or Bagarius bagarius (very big). Of course I say "the one" and then list off three. I'd love the Brachy the most I think.

Crispii

What's the one monster fish you would love to keep?
Scleropages formosus.

FinalFins

What classifies a fish as monster?

Feohw

I'm sure different people have their own take. I wouldn't really consider oscar sized fish monsters personally, but things like arowana, giant gourami. Fish 20 inches plus maybe. Maybe a little less. I've heard people refer to oscars as monster fish though.

FinalFins

I'm sure different people have their own take. I wouldn't really consider oscar sized fish monsters personally, but things like arowana, giant gourami. Fish 20 inches plus maybe. Maybe a little less. I've heard people refer to oscars as monster fish though.
Ok, well I was going to say giant gourami, flag tail prochelodus and tropical gars.

Feohw

Ok, well I was going to say giant gourami, flag tail prochelodus and tropical gars.
Oooh. I forgot gars. I'd love some of them too. Rachel O'leary has had her impact on me.

FinalFins

Oooh. I forgot gars. I'd love some of them too. Rachel O'leary has had her impact on me.
Her tanks are stunning and I always go to her videos to help me learn something.

Oop forgot chinese banded sharks

Feohw

I forgot a wolf eel too. Those are some spooky dudes. Huuge too. I could totally own one.

Crispii

I forgot a wolf eel too. Those are some spooky dudes. Huuge too. I could totally own one.
And don't forget the infamous Arapaima gigas.

NC122606

Electric eels no question.

TWiG87

I’ve always thought of big catfish as monsters too. There are so many that get absolutely massive

Feohw

Here's my eel. Definitely mine. Only 8 feet in size. I could fit a tank big enough in my house without issue.

20200222_022017.jpg
And then this lil guy.

Snapchat-1442009728.jpg

jinjerJOSH22

What's the one monster fish you would love to keep? I'd love Asian arowana or Brachyplatystoma tigrinum. Or Bagarius bagarius (very big). Of course I say "the one" and then list off three. I'd love the Brachy the most I think.
Giant Gourami and Tiger Shovel Nose.
I wish I could find an SorubI'm Elongatus, I would consider keeping one in my 112.

Feohw

I'm at my LFS atm the moment. Oh my. Taking everything I have not to do something silly

Crispii

LFS listing?

Feohw

I'm at my LFS atm the moment. Oh my. Taking everything I have not to do something silly
Well I didn't do anything silly unfortunately. Saw the biggest apistogramma I've ever seen, the biggest wild bettas I've ever seen, dwarf pike cichlids, rare tetras and a bunch of other nice fish I really wanted. Regret not getting 5 of everything.

JaksAquatics

what if you got a 20 gallon tank put a pleco cave in it and a bunch of filters so when you start a new tank you have a filter immediatly to cycle it with and the cave would be for a pleco who would he keep the bacteria alive

jinjerJOSH22

Well I didn't do anything silly unfortunately. Saw the biggest apistogramma I've ever seen, the biggest wild bettas I've ever seen, dwarf pike cichlids, rare tetras and a bunch of other nice fish I really wanted. Regret not getting 5 of everything.
My turn on Wednesday, i'm planning on getting stuff to rescape my 28. I'm sure I won't be tempted by the array of Gourami they usually stock. I will 100% say "no" to a male Moonlight, a Banded Gourami, wild type Thick Lipped Gourami and just about every over Gourami that I will always say yes to... I mean No.

NC122606

what if you got a 20 gallon tank put a pleco cave in it and a bunch of filters so when you start a new tank you have a filter immediatly to cycle it with and the cave would be for a pleco who would he keep the bacteria alive
I mean if you had pre cycled media in the filters then it should work. Remember that bacteria can live for a long time without ammonia.

jinjerJOSH22

Not the worst idea, depending on the Pleco but I usually just run extra filtration on my larger tanks, so a tank setup as a "filter farm" I don't think is necessarily a good idea but not a bad idea.

Feohw

My turn on Wednesday, i'm planning on getting stuff to rescape my 28. I'm sure I won't be tempted by the array of Gourami they usually stock. I will 100% say "no" to a male Moonlight, a Banded Gourami, wild type Thick Lipped Gourami and just about every over Gourami that I will always say yes to... I mean No.
Suuure you will Speaking of gourami, I was admiring the samuraI and liquorice while I was there. SamuraI are the most gorgeous gourami imo.

jinjerJOSH22

Suuure you will Speaking of gourami, I was admiring the samuraI and liquorice while I was there. SamuraI are the most gorgeous gourami imo.
Great casually mention my dream fish that I that I can't find and don't have the capacity to accommodate

It's the females that are the colourful ones and the species is a mouthbrooder.

Feohw

Great casually mention my dream fish that I that I can't find and don't have the capacity to accommodate

It the females that are the colourful ones and the species is a mouthbrooder.
Just thought I'd rub it in

NC122606

How many Rummynose should I get? I have 4 right now. I’m thinking maybe 8 or 10? That might be too much but what do you think?

Feohw

How many Rummynose should I get? I have 4 right now. I’m thinking maybe 8 or 10? That might be too much but what do you think?
If it were me I'd get at least 8-10. I don't think its too much, though the rest of your stock would have some effect on that.

NC122606

If it were me I'd get at least 8-10. I don't think its too much, though the rest of your stock would have some effect on that.
Ok thanks, so I should probably get 6 more to get the school to 10 or do I get 10 to make the school 14?

Feohw

Ok thanks, so I should probably get 6 more to get the school to 10 or do I get 10 to make the school 14?
Either would work fine. Rummynose are one of the best schoolers, so a nice big group should look great imo. Personally I'd go for the 14, but if you want smaller groups of a more diverse stock then 10 would be fine.

Crispii

Speaking of wild Bettas, I actually got my pair yesterday. Btw, what species of Betta was it?

jinjerJOSH22

Speaking of wild Bettas, I actually got my pair yesterday. Btw, what species of Betta was it?
Splendens

Feohw

I'm going to assume you are going to take a leaf out of my book and rub this fish in my face. It has to be antuta But really, there's so many species you could at least say the complex.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
pagoda
  • Question
Replies
Views
Utar
  • Question
Replies
Views