Ding ding ding!
Nice one. What tank are they in? The 5?

Crispii

Feohw said:
Nice one. What tank are they in? The 5?
Nope. 1.5 gallon.

jkkgron2

Nikao said:
After a nice thorough tank clean, WC, and adding some new bleeding heart tetras and a couple hidden KuhlI Loaches. So happy!!!
That looks so pretty! I just added some fish with my betta....it didn’t go so well so I had to do an emergency rescape of the tank and here’s how it turned out (May not be permanent because it was literally done in 5min but I still like it)!
Sorry about the mess around it

jinjerJOSH22

Crispii said:
Nope. 1.5 gallon.
I feel like that's a bit small :p
They are definitely one of my favourites. It's funny I was reading your posts about keeping GouramI today from 2018

Feohw

Crispii said:
Nope. 1.5 gallon.
Nice and roomy How are they looking? Seeing them in the display tank at my LFS seriously raised them in my books. And has also got me interested in dragon stone.

Crispii

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I feel like that's a bit small :p
They are definitely one of my favourites. It's funny I was reading your posts about keeping GouramI today from 2018
Answer me this: What is the typical dimensions for a 1.5 gallon tank? :p

I made a post about keeping gouramis? I don't remember.

jinjerJOSH22

Crispii said:
Answer me this: What is the typical dimensions for a 1.5 gallon tank? :p
3 or something?

Crispii

jinjerJOSH22

jkkgron2

Umm
Crispii said:
Length? Width? Height?
7,7,7? And no, I did not cheat by going to aqadvisor

Feohw

It would depend on the brand. Still pretty small. The volume is what doesn't cut it for me. Especially for more than 1 fish. But I feel this is another "two bettas No Divider" situation. I refuse to be trolled! :p

jinjerJOSH22

I take everything GouramI very seriously o_O

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I take everything GouramI very seriously o_O
I'm the same with rams. Its only natural or so I tell myself.

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
I'm the same with rams. Its only natural or so I tell myself.
I'm on page 4 of the GouramI threads, i've not read them all but I've been reading through a few on each page, oh I started at 47...

FinalFins

How well ya think bolivians and female bettas would play? Thinking of getting some of those baby girl bettas (3 to be exact) and see how they work out

jkkgron2

50/50 chance of success 60/40 chance of nipped fins?

Feohw

FinalFins said:
How well ya think bolivians and female bettas would play? Thinking of getting some of those baby girl bettas (3 to be exact) and see how they work out
Great ime. My rams and bettas never interact with one another. If these are domestic bettas then 3 is a bad number. 5+ is usually recommended. My sorority worked out pretty well, but one of those that remains still had some scarred fins (she was never even nipped very badly).

NanoFish4Life

I found $160 in a coin purse with no ID once and split it with a buddy. I found a man's wallet with ID around the same time and just turned it in to the Police department. I forget how much $ was in it.

jinjerJOSH22

I want to rescape these so hard :mad: they're nothing like how I want them.

FinalFins

Feohw said:
Great ime. My rams and bettas never interact with one another. If these are domestic bettas then 3 is a bad number. 5+ is usually recommended. My sorority worked out pretty well, but one of those that remains still had some scarred fins (she was never even nipped very badly).
I figured since I got baby ones they would grow up around eachother and tolerate eachother

jkkgron2

FinalFins said:
I figured since I got baby ones they would grow up around eachother and tolerate eachother
Did you already get them?

Feohw

FinalFins said:
Not necessarily true. It's in their nature to be territorial. They are often raised in large colonies, and after a time they are separated as they begin to become more aggressive. The problem with 3 is that there's a good chance weakest will get bullied to death. Mine all lived together since they were small. They still fought at times.

Crispii

The actual tank: UNS 16T - 1.5 Gallon Ultra Clear Rimless Aquarium

Forgot to mention something. There is absolutely NO heating or filtration in the sparkler tank.

jinjerJOSH22

Crispii said:

Forgot to mention something. There is absolutely NO heating or filtration in the sparkler tank.
:eek: :dead:

FinalFins

jkkgron2

Crispii said:

WHATTTT :eek: !!!!!!!!!! Tell me! What is going in there?!

Crispii

jkkgron2 said:
WHATTTT :eek: !!!!!!!!!! Tell me! What is going in there?!
What do you mean?

jkkgron2

Crispii said:
What do you mean?
Not heated and filtered.......1.5g......your hiding something lol

Crispii

jkkgron2 said:
Not heated and filtered.......1.5 gallon......your hiding something lol
It's actually not heated and filtered. Tank is actually a UNS 16t.

The sparklers have survived the night and are currently exploring their new surroundings. All four are doing well.

FinalFins

PICS

Crispii

FinalFins

So, about female bettas with my rams, would 6 java loaches, 6 lemon tetras,4 otos, 2 bolivians and 3-5 female bettas work well in a heavily planted 20 long?

Feohw

That would be pretty heavily stocked. I don't like to go by aqadvisor, but that would put it around 144% stocked. With heavy water changes you can overstock if you would like. But if you set up a domestic sorority, get 5 rather than 3 or 4. Your chances of success will be best that way. And then if you end up with the wrong females you'll need to prepare for if they need to be separated.

FinalFins

Hm... I anticipated that... my Nitrates are usually under 5, hitting ten after a week..

Would a 75% WC weekly be good? I have one amano and I heard they don't like big changes... I do 50% weekly.

Feohw

FinalFins said:
Hm... I anticipated that... my Nitrates are usually under 5, hitting ten after a week..

Would a 75% WC weekly be good? I have one amano and I heard they don't like big changes... I do 50% weekly.
My amanos cope well with larger water changes. If you are worried about it you could always do smaller changes twice a week.

jinjerJOSH22

My Two Spot Mystus Catfish is so aggressive! and so is my BNP just now as I was typing, don't get in the way of Catfish and food

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
My Two Spot Mystus Catfish is so aggressive! and so is my BNP just now as I was typing, don't get in the way of Catfish and food
How outgoing are your Mystus? My catfish are all couch potatoes with the exception of the whiptail - I have no idea why they aren't more popular. Like skinny BN plecos but much more outgoing.

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
How outgoing are your Mystus? My catfish are all couch potatoes with the exception of the whiptail - I have no idea why they aren't more popular. Like skinny BN plecos but much more outgoing.
I wouldn't exactly call them "outgoing" but I see one of them pretty much everyday. Last night the one pictured was swimming about mid column and having a nibble on my female Dwarf Gourami. The other I don't see much at all, the one I do see was really tearing into it last time they were both out. I want to separate them but catching one without destroying the tank will be tricky

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I wouldn't exactly call them "outgoing" but I see one of them pretty much everyday. Last night the one pictured was swimming about mid column and having a nibble on my female Dwarf Gourami. The other I don't see much at all, the one I do see was really tearing into it last time they were both out. I want to separate them but catching one without destroying the tank will be tricky
They are a really good looking catfish imo. Shame to hear they may need separating. It'd be even more of a shame if you had to mess up the tank! Could be that more could calm them down some?

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
They are a really good looking catfish imo. Shame to hear they may need separating. It'd be even more of a shame if you had to mess up the tank! Could be that more could calm them down some?
That's the other option, however finding them might be an issue. All that i've read on them suggests they're social, which was why I picked up all three they had rather than two but one was killed a few weeks in. I'll probably need five plus to keep them peaceful. At £15 a pop :eek:

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
That's the other option, however finding them might be an issue. All that i've read on them suggests they're social, which was why I picked up all three they had rather than two but one was killed a few weeks in. I'll probably need five plus to keep them peaceful. At £15 a pop :eek:
Ouch. At least they do well alone too, or so I've read. Hopefully the other one is doing okay.

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
Ouch. At least they do well alone too, or so I've read. Hopefully the other one is doing okay.
I also moved one of my Snakeskins yesterday, he's in with the Tigers and Cichlids but he seems pretty stressed. I'll probably give him a day or two to settle then move him back. I'm assuming both my Snakeskin are male at this point but i'm still unsure.

Feohw

In other news. Last time I was at my LFS, I witnessed a BN pleco grabbing an ADF by the head with its mouth and bouncing all over the tank with it. That wasn't pretty to see. I was just about to buy the little guy too. My first time witnessing pleco murder.
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I also moved one of my Snakeskins yesterday, he's in with the Tigers and Cichlids but he seems pretty stressed. I'll probably give him a day or two to settle then move him back. I'm assuming both my Snakeskin are male at this point but i'm still unsure.
So they are harder to sex? Do they both have pointed dorsals? The males should also have some orange on the pelvic apparently. I've been watching Dan's old videos on his, such a beauty. I love how they darken as they age.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom