Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion Question 

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
CMB said:
Alright, so total shot in the dark here, but does anyone on this thread like to play D&D?
Nice random discussion! You do the title honour.

Kind of strange since I have several friends that love it and it should be up my alley, but I tried it twice in college and didn't really like it all that much. The other people in my writing group all do D&D though, and frequently spend their time writing scenarios. I get why it is fun :)

I'm assuming from your question that you do?

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Nice random discussion! You do the title honour.

Kind of strange since I have several friends that love it and it should be up my alley, but I tried it twice in college and didn't really like it all that much. The other people in my writing group all do D&D though, and frequently spend their time writing scenarios. I get why it is fun :)

I'm assuming from your question that you do?
Yeah, I'm actually running a game at the moment that needs some extra players. It's a bit of a pain sometimes to try and direct the game as a whole, but it's also a lot of fun. I've been a player in a few games, and I just kind of love it. Not just the game, but the people you meet there can be a ton of fun.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
Are you threatening me?
Thanks for catching on! :cool:

Seriously there are some dangerous vibes in the FL-air tonight. Hurr hurr.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Thanks for catching on! :cool:

Seriously there are some dangerous vibes in the FL-air tonight. Hurr hurr.
I will not let you corrupt this place, I will defend this thread to the bitter end!

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
CMB said:
Yeah, I'm actually running a game at the moment that needs some extra players. It's a bit of a pain sometimes to try and direct the game as a whole, but it's also a lot of fun. I've been a player in a few games, and I just kind of love it. Not just the game, but the people you meet there can be a ton of fun.
Oh yes, being the .. eh. Narrator? Game leader? I have no idea what the right term is -- must be a lot of work! Can also be fun though, I found one rather annoying part about playing it with a larger group that you basically sit around listening to endless blah-blah for two hours. Which is great is the theme is right up your alley, but maddeningly boring when it isn't.
Is it definitely a good way to make friends though :)

CMB said:
I will not let you corrupt this place, I will defend this thread to the bitter end!
Challenge. Accepted. :blackalien:

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Oh yes, being the .. eh. Narrator? Game leader? I have no idea what the right term is -- must be a lot of work! Can also be fun though, I found one rather annoying part about playing it with a larger group that you basically sit around listening to endless blah-blah for two hours. Which is great is the theme is right up your alley, but maddeningly boring when it isn't.
Is it definitely a good way to make friends though :)

Challenge. Accepted. :blackalien:
Yeah, the leader is called a Dungeon Master, which sometimes feels like a really fancy term for babysitter. :) And it's definitely a great place to meet people, I actually met my boyfriend while gaming.

As for your challenge, I refuse to give up, no matter what you throw at my. :p

fish 321

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
CaptainAquatics said:
For all the people talking about what science course to take (phys, chem) is there not a aquarist or marine biology course available?
In terms of what level of marine biology? I am in highschool taking an marine biology course but not in the school. Its a separate learning plan. My highschool's advanced biology class hatch zebra danios, learn to age goldfish, and also hatch salmon eggs.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
Hmm.. I don't know. I would at least make sure not to cross-contaminate water droplets of this tank just in case I am right. The lower temp could be slowing progression. Keep a sharp eye on the rest of the tank to see if it appears on any other fish.
Have you tried to treat it with anything? Any stress factor in the tank lately?
Not much stress factor, maybe once when i need to trim the leaves the ram darkens up because it's scared, the cpds are fearless and the otos are just themselves wanting constant cucumber. Reminds me, i need to put in cucumber tonight.
CMB said:
Yeah, the leader is called a Dungeon Master, which sometimes feels like a really fancy term for babysitter. :) And it's definitely a great place to meet people, I actually met my boyfriend while gaming.

As for your challenge, I refuse to give up, no matter what you throw at my. :p
Is it a similar game to deathmatch? Deathmatch is where you have a d20 (20 sided dice) and the point is to survive and kill everyone else by rolling dice and there is a not dungeon master but game master.

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
FinalFins said:
Not much stress factor, maybe once when i need to trim the leaves the ram darkens up because it's scared, the cpds are fearless and the otos are just themselves wanting constant cucumber. Reminds me, i need to put in cucumber tonight.

Is it a similar game to deathmatch? Deathmatch is where you have a d20 (20 sided dice) and the point is to survive and kill everyone else by rolling dice and there is a not dungeon master but game master.
Yeah, sounds like a pretty similar game. And your can call the leader a Dungeon Master or Game Master, they're used interchangeably.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
So I picked up that anticipated fish yesterday :D Glad they are looking and behaving well in their tank today, for wildcaught specimens. One of them looked poor and has been separated - I got it free of charge when I pointed that out - so hoping it isn't anything contagious. Really hoping I'm not jinxing myself this time by getting all excited =#

Guess what they are! (It's in my avatar)

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
So I picked up that anticipated fish yesterday :D Glad they are looking and behaving well in their tank today, for wildcaught specimens. One of them looked poor and has been separated - I got it free of charge when I pointed that out - so hoping it isn't anything contagious. Really hoping I'm not jinxing myself this time by getting all excited =#

Guess what they are! (It's in my avatar)
It looks an Apistogramma to me. :p

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
It looks an Apistogramma to me. :p
Haha, I guess it kind of does eh? I'll post a full-size picture.

IMG_3496.JPG

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Eeesh oto went down today, at closer inspection it had a fungus, not sure from after or before death. CPD seems to be falling quickly so maybe I should euthanize? But I don't have clove oil with me rn, at a different house.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Eeesh oto went down today, at closer inspection it had a fungus, not sure from after or before death. CPD seems to be falling quickly so maybe I should euthanize? But I don't have clove oil with me rn, at a different house.
Sorry for your loss :(

The fungus is likely secondary. I stand by my original diagnosis and I think you would be better safe than sorry if anything appears on any of the other fish.

If you have the stomach for it, catch the fish in a net and bang with as much force as you can muster on a table or other solid surface. If not, put it in a ziplock and stick in the freezer.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Should I add water to ziplock? or just straight fish?

Magicpenny75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FinalFins said:
Should I add water to ziplock? or just straight fish?
euthanizing is so controversial...
If you're doing the freezer method, yes you add water. The idea is that they just sort of slow down...and then....stop....being that they are cold blooded. Theories differ on how painless it is...

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Yeah, some people say its a short time of pain, some say it burns and is extremely painful to go through that so I clove oil whenever I can.

Unfortunately, looking for it, it was gone today so I did a sweep of the tank and I found it, dead :(

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
So I was scrolling through The Wet Spot website just to see what they have at the moment, and guess what they have in stock? They actually have Altum angels! :eek:

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
So I was scrolling through The Wet Spot website just to see what they have at the moment, and guess what they have in stock? They actually have Altum angels! :eek:
Oh, is it that rare? Where did you actually get yours?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads