Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion Question 

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
Very true, it is great to taste and try some things that aren't cooked in your home.

Picture? I was going to say it sounds like something that happens to a lot of CPDs until you mentioned fluff.
image.jpg

Look what I found.
Pic
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Could you help with the oto too, the spot isn’t as white as it appears FYI.
image.jpg

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Look what I found.

Could you help with the oto too, the spot isn’t as white as it appears FYI.
Oh dear. That looks like something serious and contagious, my first guess would be columnaris given the white 'saddles' on the back and heads.

(P.S. ... nice beetle? o.o sorry for the bad news)

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
It's actually been like that for maybe a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks? Every other fish is healthy and has no symptoms. I just felt like to bring it up now. I don't doubt you if it is. But I would assume if it was columnarris it would of spread now?

And to clarify, the "fuzzy things" that I mentioned before are these (see below, circled)
1576032046266.png

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
It's actually been like that for maybe a week and a half, maybe 2 weeks? Every other fish is healthy and has no symptoms. I just felt like to bring it up now. I don't doubt you if it is. But I would assume if it was columnarris it would of spread now?
Could very well be a slow moving strain (Edit: just to clarify, there are at least 4 different strains of columnaris, the quickest kills in hours but the slowest are 'chronic' in that they can take weeks if not months to kill fish, though usually the former rather than the latter). What is the tank temperature?
That one betta female that I have for three months living with this infection started out like that oto and now looks something like that CPD (minus the curved spine).

That said, it is not impossible for it to be something else that looks like this. What does the texture look like - is it just paling of the scales, or something on top of the scales, or lesions in the scales exposing flesh? Does it look raised or level or are they pits? Can you try to take some sharper pictures of the oto?

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
For all the people talking about what science course to take (phys, chem) is there not a aquarist or marine biology course available?

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
Could very well be a slow moving strain (Edit: just to clarify, there are at least 4 different strains of columnaris, the quickest kills in hours but the slowest are 'chronic' in that they can take weeks if not months to kill fish, though usually the former rather than the latter). What is the tank temperature?
That one betta female that I have for three months living with this infection started out like that oto and now looks something like that CPD (minus the curved spine).

That said, it is not impossible for it to be something else that looks like this. What does the texture look like - is it just paling of the scales, or something on top of the scales, or lesions in the scales exposing flesh? Does it look raised or level or are they pits? Can you try to take some sharper pictures of the oto?
Sorry bout the bad pics, phone was at a angle plus not great camera. Tank temp is 76 plus some decimals average. The oto, it is like a pale spot, from what I can tell. May be slight indentation but it seems like 95% pale spot. And looking at it now it seems like the flesh isn't exposed. Can't get pic now, tank lights are off and it's the morning.

On the CPD, the top is pale, one spot or two are like almost like small ich like structures, but it's not ich for sure. other spots are not raised, they are (don't know how to describe) but in the spaces between the scales? On the scales?

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Sorry bout the bad pics, phone was at a angle plus not great camera. Tank temp is 76 plus some decimals average. The oto, it is like a pale spot, from what I can tell. May be slight indentation but it seems like 95% pale spot. And looking at it now it seems like the flesh isn't exposed. Can't get pic now, tank lights are off and it's the morning.

On the CPD, the top is pale, one spot or two are like almost like small ich like structures, but it's not ich for sure. other spots are not raised, they are (don't know how to describe) but in the spaces between the scales? On the scales?
Hmm.. I don't know. I would at least make sure not to cross-contaminate water droplets of this tank just in case I am right. The lower temp could be slowing progression. Keep a sharp eye on the rest of the tank to see if it appears on any other fish.
Have you tried to treat it with anything? Any stress factor in the tank lately?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Guess who failed of their classes. :eek:

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Crispii said:
Guess who failed of their classes. :eek:
How badly did you fail this one?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Crispii said:
Extremely lol.
Well, same here. I still don't have grades back on all my classes yet, but the verdict is in for one of them, and I definitely failed it. :p

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
Extremely lol.
CMB said:
Well, same here. I still don't have grades back on all my classes yet, but the verdict is in for one of them, and I definitely failed it. :p
Wait, now I'm confused if you guys are being sarcastic or serious..?

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Wait, now I'm confused if you guys are being sarcastic or serious..?
I'm being sarcastic, I got an A+ in the one class I've got grades back for so far. I presume Crisspi is being sarcastic as well, I don't think I've ever seen him get worse than a high B.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
CMB said:
I'm being sarcastic, I got an A+ in the one class I've got grades back for so far. I presume Crisspi is being sarcastic as well, I don't think I've ever seen him get worse than a high B.
Yes, that's why I was asking :p
Thanks!

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
PascalKrypt said:
Yes, that's why I was asking :p
Thanks!
Yeah, I've been known to confuse people as to whether or not I was being sarcastic all the time. I do it so often, most people can't even tell when I'm actually being serious. :p

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
CMB said:
I actually dropped a class during my first semester due to grades. :p

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
I actually dropped a class during my first semester due to grades. :p
CHEATER!

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Crispii said:
Are you threatening me?
Alright, we're all friends here, no need to fight you guys. :p

CMB

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Alright, so total shot in the dark here, but does anyone on this thread like to play D&D?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads