Amazoniantanklvr

MaximumRide14 said:
Oh yes, definitely my favorite part of the day lol
That's what you live for right?!? lol

Crispii

WHOOO! I HAVE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW! :D

aquafrogg

jkkgron2

What is the most annoying fish to keep you’ve ever had? Not like they’re annoying to find but like they keep on doing something that’s crazy annoying..

Crispii

Sunflower said:
Some sort of meeting or training for the teachers.

jkkgron2 said:
What is the most annoying fish to keep you’ve ever had? Not like they’re annoying to find but like they keep on doing something that’s crazy annoying..
Bumphead garra.

Feohw

jkkgron2 said:
I had a serial killer of a guppy. He was pretty annoying.

It can be annoying when my catfish act like catfish. Always hiding.

But the most annoying is how my banjo catfish buries herself. She raises herself 90° above the substrate with her face pressed against it. Then shoves her face down while wiggling her body and tail madly to get her whole body under (she doesn't succeed). She usually buries her face and upper body while her fins and tail stick out. But in the process a bunch of the sand gets thrown into the water column or pressed up against and over the plants and decor. Then she gets mad when all her sand is gone from her favourite burial place.

How about you?
Crispii said:
Bumphead garra.
Elaborative as always I see :p

jkkgron2

Feohw said:
How about you?
Honestly probably my female betta, it’s weird, she hates being with a platy but when she has other tank mates along with the platy then they get along just fine and I’ve even seen them swim together. What’s annoying is its a try And see game when it comes to tank mates with her

FinalFins

Ahhhh, missed notifications :(

Good news, one of the cpds is making a slow recovery :D

aquafrogg

jkkgron2 said:
Mystery snails for sure... Mine got pregnant at the store and had hundreds of babies... they would knock over driftwood and uproot plants constantly. They kept my tank nice and clean though

jinjerJOSH22

jkkgron2 said:
My Gold Barbs, they were my first fish but I could never find a place to keep them, they always looked out of place however catching the five of them, i've never had a fish that was so difficult to net :mad:

I saw a Giant GouramI for the first time yesterday, my word was it.... I can't think of a word to describe it's size! I wish I was one of those people who could cram..... fish into small aquariums relative to the fish.
But alas I'll just have to dream :(

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I saw a Giant GouramI for the first time yesterday, my word was it.... I can't think of a word to describe it's size! I wish I was one of those people who could cram..... fish into small aquariums relative to the fish.
But alas I'll just have to dream :(
I saw some too. Very impressive. And why not cram it into the 33? It'll do great and have plenty of company.

Crispii

Feohw said:
I saw some too. Very impressive. And why not cram it into the 33? It'll do great and have plenty of company.
Fish will grow to the size of the aquarium.

Feohw

Crispii said:
Fish will grow to the size of the aquarium.
That's why you start them off in a jar. MinI arowana.

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
It was almost as big as it anyway
must of been about 20-24" and as tall as the tank it was in.
They also had a Silver Arowana in another tank that was over a ft, biggest i've seen.

Feohw

jinjerJOSH22 said:
It was almost as big as it anyway
must of been about 20-24" and as tall as the tank it was in.
They also had a Silver Arowana in another tank that was over a ft, biggest i've seen.
What a beast of a fish. I always love it when my LFS has big fish in. I feel bad for the fish, but they're amazing to see. I hate (not) seeing large oscars though, it puts me one step closer to committing to the idea of a larger tank.

Did you get any pics?

jinjerJOSH22

Feohw said:
What a beast of a fish. I always love it when my LFS has big fish in. I feel bad for the fish, but they're amazing to see. I hate (not) seeing large oscars though, it puts me one step closer to committing to the idea of a larger tank.
They had a couple as well as a few other larger Cichlids.
Feohw said:
Did you get any pics?
I didn't :( It completely slipped my mind while I was there, I only remembered in the second shop, which I honestly thought was better.

Crispii

Well this weird. I'm doing my biology assignment regarding to plants and in front of me is my planted tank. Coincidence? I think not.

FinalFins

Feohw said:
That's why you start them off in a jar. MinI arowana.
Start off with a short bodied arowana first in a jar :)

Feohw

Crispii said:
Well this weird. I'm doing my biology assignment regarding to plants and in front of me is my planted tank. Coincidence? I think not.
I just opened a bag of crisps, and on my phone I get a notification from another Crisp. Coincidence? Possibly
FinalFins said:
Start off with a short bodied arowana first in a jar :)
My favourite kind. Just make it glow and look like a tennis ball and we're good to go.

jinjerJOSH22

I was reading through old GouramI posts, some weren't saved! poor guys thinking they had Honey's while in fact they had....
Wondering what was everyone's first message on FishLore? mine was... let me go grab it :p

“My experience with dwarf gourami's is they are quite robust for smaller fish and can handle themselves well. Wouldn't advise Neons as the Danios might eat them. A Paradise fish might be better suited than the DG as Giant Danios and Panda corys prefer it slightly cooler.”

FinalFins

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I was reading through old GouramI posts, some weren't saved! poor guys thinking they had Honey's while in fact they had....
Wondering what was everyone's first message on FishLore? mine was... let me go grab it :p

“My experience with dwarf gourami's is they are quite robust for smaller fish and can handle themselves well. Wouldn't advise Neons as the Danios might eat them. A Paradise fish might be better suited than the DG as Giant Danios and Panda corys prefer it slightly cooler.”
I was dealing with staghorn algae. First post.

Feohw

My first post was about snakeskin gouramI and a few other gourami. I wanted to add one of the larger gouramI to my tank but was worried about my neons. As you may know, I don't have snakeskins.... unfortunately.

CHJ

Well I saw something at the LFS that threw me. I noticed something weird in the gold fish tank and took a look. At first I though it was some sort of 2 tail koi. When I go closer I saw it was a lyre tail on what looked like a live breeder.
So I asked an employee if they were some sort of crazy 'roid abusing platties or something. Nope, mollies, huge beastly mollies.
Insane in size. The employee said that the guy who brought them in got them years ago and the males all died so he just kept with the females until they got that big. You could put a saddle on those fish.

I'm wondering if it is bad that the LFS owner texts me pics of fish? The latest is gorgeous and I guessed a badis or dario of some sort.

Survey says: Black Tiger Dario.
Man that is a good looking fish. I don't think I can trade out the java and put in some rock work and a tiny terra cota cave (hmm or run a diamond blade through one of my home made pleco caves..) in my 7.5 because the false cories will want to hide in it.
Also a bit of a pain feeding live food only fish. Though I do have a tank with a permanent colony of black worms.
"The internet" says these are rare enough I should only consider buying them to breed.

NC122606

jinjerJOSH22 said:

I was wondering if I could stock my 29 gallon with
1 Angelfish
3 Keyhole Cichilds
12 Lemon Tetras
1 Bristlenose Pleco
6 Corydoras of some kind

Feohw

CHJ said:
Well I saw something at the LFS that threw me. I noticed something weird in the gold fish tank and took a look. At first I though it was some sort of 2 tail koi. When I go closer I saw it was a lyre tail on what looked like a live breeder.
So I asked an employee if they were some sort of crazy 'roid abusing platties or something. Nope, mollies, huge beastly mollies.
Insane in size. The employee said that the guy who brought them in got them years ago and the males all died so he just kept with the females until they got that big. You could put a saddle on those fish.

I'm wondering if it is bad that the LFS owner texts me pics of fish? The latest is gorgeous and I guessed a badis or dario of some sort.

Survey says: Black Tiger Dario.
Man that is a good looking fish. I don't think I can trade out the java and put in some rock work and a tiny terra cota cave (hmm or run a diamond blade through one of my home made pleco caves..) in my 7.5 because the false cories will want to hide in it.
Also a bit of a pain feeding live food only fish. Though I do have a tank with a permanent colony of black worms.
"The internet" says these are rare enough I should only consider buying them to breed.
I was shocked when I first saw the size some mollies and swordtails can get. Very impressive to see.
CHJ said:
Black Tiger Dario
Holy moly that's a good looking fish. I'd love to get my hands on some....

MaximumRide14

When your college counselor emails you a summer opportunity two days before the application is due :( This has to be my record for fastest application lol

Crispii

Bit of a rant: Why on Earth are people complaining about Glo Bettas?! It's just a Betta that has jellyfish genes, like any other Glofish.

Alien Bettas: Everyone loves.
Candy Plakat: Everyone loves.
Long-Finned Bettas: Everyone loves.
Wild Bettas: Hardly anyone know what they are.
Glo Bettas: Everyone hates.

Me: I don't care any of these Bettas except for the wild species.

FinalFins

BRUUUUUUUUUHH (┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Lost a perfectly healthy oto for perfectly no reason except that it decided to go on a hunder strike

Probs gonna go restock the school tommorow but I feel like I am doing something wrong if my otos are starving.... I always chuck in cucumber and that's their fav... but I also put in zucc and some don't like it so maybe that's a reason?

Feohw

Crispii said:
Bit of a rant: Why on Earth are people complaining about Glo Bettas?! It's just a Betta that has jellyfish genes, like any other Glofish.
Bettas are already the go-to fish for bowls and children. This will make it even more so. Though I feel these guys may make it so that the standard domestic betta has a layer of protection against that. Plus they are BUUUTTTT ugly. I amen't very upset about it, but I really don't like Glofish and can sort of see where people are coming from. Even the standard domestic has had too much work done imo. I like me some natural fish (which is why I've only had domestics....)

FinalFins

We made it to 110.....

Well I am also planning on doing a rescape so I can do head counts of my fish easier and to get some plants out.. I swear I have at least 70 vals in there

Crispii

I'm planning on heading out to my LFS tomorrow and get some more RO water.

ojdgtjc

I once found a goldfish in a river

Crispii

ojdgtjc said:
I once found a goldfish in a river
If I were you, I would humanely kill it.

NC122606

Crispii said:

Alien Bettas: Everyone loves.
Candy Plakat: Everyone loves.
Long-Finned Bettas: Everyone loves.
Wild Bettas: Hardly anyone know that they are.
Glo Bettas: Everyone hates.

Me: I don't care any of these Bettas except for the wild species.
Agreed, I see nothing wrong with it. There is basically nothing wrong with the fish, same fish except with color.

Crispii

NC122606 said:
Agreed, I see nothing wrong with it. There is basically nothing wrong with the fish, same fish except with color.
And yet we have people complaining about it and not the other phenotypes within domestic Bettas. I kind of have a problem with regards to Alien Bettas. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to get different species from the splendens complex and make a mule of it? :mad:

NC122606

Crispii said:
And yet we have people complaining about it and not other phenotypes within domestic Bettas. I kind of have a problem with regards to Alien Bettas. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to get different species from the splendens complex and make mule of it? :mad:
Yes! I feel really bad for jellybean parrots, I mean come on. There is enough done to them. Long fin Oscars as well. I kind of like alien bettas... ;)

Feohw

Crispii said:
Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to get different species from the splendens complex and make a mule of it? :mad:
The people who decided to make "betta splendens". They hybridised it, slapped the name from one of the fish used to create it on it and made one of the most popular fish in the hobby. So all the bettas mentioned here are also mules (unless someone mentioned wilds). I don't have too much of a problem with any betta, but I dislike GloBettas the most. At least aliens look good. They could have chosen a nicer colour for it (which I'm sure they'll do in the future).

jinjerJOSH22

These guys have been surprising....

they are a lot more outgoing than I thought they’d be considering their size, tank mates and the fact there’s only four.

Two male Honey’s

jinjerJOSH22

I'll update on my Sparklers
I posted I've been hearing Croaking, well that's stopped for a while, a couple have had torn analfins, yesterday I counted 4 and today I found a body :(
It smelt quite bad and was covered in white fuzz, so i'm not sure how long it's been there but I doubt more than a couple of days.

I might get a few more, aiming for more females.

The tank is 80 litres
Current stock:
4 Sparklers
6 Cpds, 2 males
5 Rosy Loaches

I'm planning on getting both CPDs and Rosys up to 10/15 and I may leave the Sparklers if there's 3 girls.

NC122606

Twisted left ankle and now it’s sprained...
But hey first time in crouches!
:(

jinjerJOSH22

NC122606 said:
Twisted left ankle and now it’s sprained...
But hey first time in crouches!
:(
Ouch, I've never been in crutches but I rolled my ankle a month or so back, I almost passed out with the pain

FinalFins

Oof, hope you get better soon.

Sprained my pinkie one time at soccer practice, gosh, why did I dive for that ball??

Feohw

I've never been in crutches either, but I also rolled my ankle at one point so that it swelled to the size of a tennis ball. Good times. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Ps. I'm tempted to buy a Globetta just to annoy people. But then I'd be stuck with a tennis ball fish to remind me of my ankle.

Crispii

Oh boy. I just impulse purchase some fish.

jinjerJOSH22 - You're going to love what I got.

Feohw

Crispii said:
Oh boy. I just impulse purchase some fish.

jinjerJOSH22 - You're going to love what I got.
What gouramI did you abduct?

Crispii

Feohw

Crispii said:
That's for you to guess. :D
What happened to the good ol' days when clues were dished out? Anywhoo. First guess would be either Liquorice GouramI or chocolate.

Crispii

Feohw said:
What happened to the good ol' days when clues were dished out? Anywhoo. First guess would be either Liquorice GouramI or chocolate.
Nope! :)

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom