Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NC122606 said:
Everyone post a picture of your fish!
Also, Crispii nice job on making it. ;)
D2B53E59-31E8-43D3-9323-A47BB16DD7D0.jpeg
How's everyone else doing for you?
Here's my cute lil guy. He's one of the most interactive fish I've seen. So here's two.
20191126_183540.jpg

20191126_183521.jpg

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Feohw said:
How's everyone else doing for you?
Here's my cute lil guy. He's one of the most interactive fish I've seen. So here's two.
20191126_183540.jpg

20191126_183521.jpg
Great to hear!
Everyone seems fine but my Banjo has been missing for a while... :)
Shrimp can always be found near the sponge filter!

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
entering next year, weird, right? They want us to plan and make lists of what we want to take. thinking of taking international cooking classes.
Sometimes I really forget how old you are. I feel like I'm talking to someone who is 16-17 or so.
"International" cooking classes?
Sounds like such an American thing to teach :hilarious:
Truthfully though, I wish I could have taken that class in HS. I wish I could have taking cooking classes in general :( Probably would have awakened my passion for cooking a little earlier than when I finally had to get around to it due to living on my own.

Crispii said:
Thanks! The aquarium was once a show tank at my LFS. :)
Nice LFS! Very neat.

NC122606 said:
Everyone post a picture of your fish!
Also, Crispii nice job on making it. ;)
D2B53E59-31E8-43D3-9323-A47BB16DD7D0.jpeg
Uhhh, random recent pic? Took this yesterday, Lin was harassing his larger loach-sisters as usual. (He is blind so he likes to tag-swim alongside them. Strangely he shoots across my tank like any other dojo and never bumps into anything. He is secretly my favourite of my four favourites. Hehe)
IMG_3378.JPG

I lost my samurai by the way :( Not sure if it was my fault or if they were simply delicate and young. The TDS 500 store water probably didn't help. I'm thinking that instead of acclimating them to the TDS ~70 in one go, perhaps I should have put them in 300 or so and slowly adjusted that downwards. The small one that wasn't looking so hot during acclimatisation died about 48 hours later, the larger one lasted two weeks. It actually looked fine until it was deceased suddenly, they didn't discolour so I'm thinking it is adjustment problems rather than bacterial infections, which gives me hope that it wasn't my set-up itself that I butchered.
Hrn. I think I'll try another peat species first before giving them a second try because they are rather expensive if I'm not sure I can keep them alive =# Probably will end up getting a pair of liquorice after all, they will cost like 25% of what those two poor beauties cost me.
(But I shall have them at some point! I was totally enamoured with them and still am)

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
PascalKrypt said:
Sometimes I really forget how old you are. I feel like I'm talking to someone who is 16-17 or so.
Truthfully though, I wish I could have taken that class in HS. I wish I could have taking cooking classes in general :( Probably would have awakened my passion for cooking a little earlier than when I finally had to get around to it due to living on my own.

Nice LFS! Very neat.

Uhhh, random recent pic? Took this yesterday, Lin was harassing his larger loach-sisters as usual. (He is blind so he likes to tag-swim alongside them. Strangely he shoots across my tank like any other dojo and never bumps into anything. He is secretly my favourite of my four favourites. Hehe)
IMG_3378.JPG

I lost my samurai by the way :( Not sure if it was my fault or if they were simply delicate and young. The TDS 500 store water probably didn't help. I'm thinking that instead of acclimating them to the TDS ~70 in one go, perhaps I should have put them in 300 or so and slowly adjusted that downwards. The small one that wasn't looking so hot during acclimatisation died about 48 hours later, the larger one lasted two weeks. It actually looked fine until it was deceased suddenly, they didn't discolour so I'm thinking it is adjustment problems rather than bacterial infections, which gives me hope that it wasn't my set-up itself that I butchered.
Hrn. I think I'll try another peat species first before giving them a second try because they are rather expensive if I'm not sure I can keep them alive =# Probably will end up getting a pair of liquorice after all, they will cost like 25% of what those two poor beauties cost me.
(But I shall have them at some point! I was totally enamoured with them and still am)
Aww, that is too bad...
I was following along with that.
Have you tried Chocolate Gourami? I heard they are a bit harder but maybe you could try them out?

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NC122606 said:
Great to hear!
Everyone seems fine but my Banjo has been missing for a while... :)
Shrimp can always be found near the sponge filter!
Ah so the shrimp survived! Thought they'd died. Banjos are buggers for that, mine is nowhere near as bad as some of the other catfish I have though. She has learned to bury herself. Her tail is in one of the pics above. She still hasn't realized that she should hide that too. Though it seems she has to keep her head partially out of the sand in order to breathe.
PascalKrypt said:

Nice LFS! Very neat.

IMG_3378.JPG

That sucks! Sorry to hear. Hopefully the liquorice do well for you. They are absolutely stunning.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
NC122606 said:
Aww, that is too bad...
I was following along with that.
Have you tried Chocolate Gourami? I heard they are a bit harder but maybe you could try them out?
I saw them in my LFS earlier, even cheaper than the liquorice (they sold 5 for 20 euros). So it was tempting, but no. Regular Chocolates are among the most notoriously sensitive of that family, even those in the shop for just one day, the majority already looks like they are in an irreversible downward spiral. Further downside is that you really need a group of 5 or more and that doesn't fit in the 5.5 gallon I have set up. I won't try them until I've got this acid blackwater thing all stable and figured out - unless I come across a private breeder that has strong, adapted stock - it would just be depressing and a waste of money.

Feohw said:
Ah so the shrimp survived! Thought they'd died. Banjos are buggers for that, mine is nowhere near as bad as some of the other catfish I have though. She has learned to bury herself. Her tail is in one of the pics above. She still hasn't realized that she should hide that too. Though it seems she has to keep her head partially out of the sand in order to breathe.

That sucks! Sorry to hear. Hopefully the liquorice do well for you. They are absolutely stunning.
Thanks! I've talked to my LFS about specially ordering a pair of linkei that they'd keep in the bag for me. They said they would think it over, they don't order very often from the source that can supply them. So I probably won't have them for a while.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Quick Question...
Geophagus with Discus? (I know German Blue or some kind of Rams but just exploring.)

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
The three musketeers.

20191104_164221.jpg

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NC122606 said:
Quick Question...
Geophagus with Discus? (I know German Blue or some kind of Rams but just exploring.)
I believe that some Geophagus can. Altifrons for instance. Both fish like groups though, so the tank would have to be a decent size. And warm too. Geos dig quite a lot, so don't expect plants to do well or to have a scape that looks the way you want it. Then you would also have to make sure the discus don't get outcompeted.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Feohw said:
I believe that some Geophagus can. Altifrons for instance. Both fish like groups though, so the tank would have to be a decent size. And warm too. Geos dig quite a lot, so don't expect plants to do well or to have a scape to look the way you want it. Then you would also have to make sure the discus don't get outcompeted.
Ok, thanks. No Geos, I might just do a good size of like 75?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Anyone getting some new fish during the holiday? I know I am! :D

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crispii said:
Anyone getting some new fish during the holiday? I know I am! :D
Which fish? I'd love to get a tank for an oscar, but its not looking likely. So no new fish. Maybe a reptile but that's also unlikely.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
Which fish? I'd love to get a tank for an oscar, but its not looking likely. So no new fish. Mayeb a reptile but that's also unlikely.
Two bettas that I will be housing in a 5 gallon tank together with no divider.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
NC122606 said:
Ok, thanks. No Geos, I might just do a good size of like 75?
I nice group of discus in a 75 gallon would look great imo. I'd do rams with them and cardinals/rummynose. Some nice plants too.

Crispii said:
Two bettas that I will be housing in a 5 gallon tank together with no divider.
Oh yeah :banghead: Look forward to seeing pics.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Also not to mention but I can easily use my sponge filter in my tank that is rated for 60 gallons to get a head start on the cycle... :)

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
Oh yeah :banghead: Look forward to seeing pics.
And I am also planning on breeding them.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
And I am also planning on breeding them.
I love the provocative way you are phrasing this xD Eh, I fell for it too.

I am *shifty eyes* getting something tomorrow that's been long in the making. But it is a secret until I've picked them up c:

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:

Oooh, interesting, never thought I was portrayed as a 16 yr old before.

Yup. International cooking. Or something along those lines, I wanna try it just so I have a hand on cooking foods, plus it's interesting to taste new foods from different countries.

Sorry for the loss, those did look like very nice fish. Maybe you will have better luck.

Now bad news.
Unfortunately one of the less dominant male cpd's in the 20 gallon has come down with a mystery illness, maybe a combo of stress + something else? Sunken in belly or curved spine, but I'm seeing it eat, plus its acting normal. It has some white stuff on it's back, probs fungus.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Oooh, interesting, never thought I was portrayed as a 16 yr old before.

Yup. International cooking. Or something along those lines, I wanna try it just so I have a hand on cooking foods, plus it's interesting to taste new foods from different countries.

Sorry for the loss, those did look like very nice fish. Maybe you will have better luck.

Now bad news.
Unfortunately one of the less dominant male cpd's in the 20 gallon has come down with a mystery illness, maybe a combo of stress + something else? Sunken in belly or curved spine, but I'm seeing it eat, plus its acting normal. It has some white stuff on it's back, probs fungus.
Very true, it is great to taste and try some things that aren't cooked in your home.

Picture? I was going to say it sounds like something that happens to a lot of CPDs until you mentioned fluff.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom