Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion - Page 43

Crispii

Oh my goodness! I checked to see what WetSpot has in store and guess what they have! :eek:

FinalFins

Crispii said:
Oh my goodness! I checked to see what WetSpot has in store and guess what they have! :eek:
Altums! Leopoldis!

Crispii

Crispii

jinjerJOSH22

PascalKrypt said:
This. Though I can relate to phone problems when it comes to my younger colleagues (and sibling, sadly), fortunately it doesn't happen with my friends. We also play board games together! And last summer I went road tripping with one. No phones in sight.. well aside from conveniently asking him to google stuff when we need to know information because I'm a cheapskate without mobile internet :p

I haven't used Facebook since 2014. The very day of graduation (bachelor), that was the last time I logged in. My unI unfortunately used it as an easy communication channel so I couldn't really not have it. Glad to be rid of that basket of poison.

Sssst. Let me hypothise you. Whenever you think of her, from now on you will picture her top half as a trout, flailing about on fry land.
PERFECT.

D: Blashemy! Dark chocolate is where it's at. If it's not at least 85%, I won't eat it.
"Top half as a Trout"
You realize he has almost 4000 posts on a fish forum right? :p

Crispii

jinjerJOSH22 said:
"Top half as a Trout"
You realize he has almost 4000 posts on a fish forum right? :p
And it'll keep growing! :D

Btw, has anyone even heard of ninja Bettas before?

jinjerJOSH22

Crispii said:
Btw, has anyone even heard of ninja Bettas before?
Nope, the google just takes me to FFxiv :D

Crispii

Ughhh. The male is giving me such a hard time right now. Constantly chasing away the female whenever she's in the wood. :mad: Hopefully, that will deescalate soon.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

jinjerJOSH22

I’ve hated the right side of my 60 so I changed it :happy:
Before:

36EF9787-41DC-4C2B-A9E2-24D0BAB55756.jpeg

After:

5BCF14C2-2468-4ACD-A404-27AA12E61CDB.jpeg

I’m still not completely sold on it but as the plants grow in and algae grows on it, it should blend in better.

Crispii

UPDATE:

I have to sacrifice the 5 gallon Betta tank... Love it, but because of the male, I have to tear it down. :(

CMB

Crispii said:
UPDATE:

I have to sacrifice the 5 gallon Betta tank... Love it, but because of the male, I have to tear it down. :(
Aww, that really sucks.

Crispii

CMB said:
Aww, that really sucks.
The whole scape has been torn down. However, I'll be using some of it for the enisae tank.

FinalFins

Crispii said:
Happy Lunar New year!!!!

my family celebrates as our roots are connected to asia.

Crispii

FinalFins said:
Happy Lunar New year!!!!

my family celebrates as our roots are connected to asia.
Same here.

NC122606

Uh, happy Florida day!!!

FinalFins

Ok, so my tank needs more fish. Lots of brown so I was thinking of getting honey gouramis BUT I know I will def get leopoldis SOMEHOW in the future so I need to condense most of my tanks later on so my question is can HG coexist with a group of 5-6 leopoldis? And would CPD's get gobbled up by leopoldis?

Oh BTW could I move my CPD's to a five gal? It has a betta and the nano fish in a big tank doesn't appeal to me because half of the school died out so the school isn't as big.

Crispii

FinalFins said:
Ok, so my tank needs more fish. Lots of brown so I was thinking of getting honey gouramis BUT I know I will def get leopoldis SOMEHOW in the future so I need to condense most of my tanks later on so my question is can HG coexist with a group of 5-6 leopoldis? And would CPD's get gobbled up by leopoldis?

Oh BTW could I move my CPD's to a five gal? It has a betta and the nano fish in a big tank doesn't appeal to me because half of the school died out so the school isn't as big.
I've heard reports of Leopoldis leaving livebearer frys alone, however I never tried it so I can't confirm if it's true.

*sigh* Today's the last day for the hendra pair as they will not be under my care anymore.

Feohw

FinalFins said:

Nice new face you got there.

I keep my CPDs in a 6 gallon. I think it's just fine. Though I have seen some pretty large cpds at my lfs that were bigger than expected. As mine grow I may consider upgrading, but I've had them for a while now and they suit the tank great. If your betta is peaceful and wouldn't get stressed from the increased activity I think they will do alright.
So
Crispii said:
*sigh* Today's the last day for the hendra pair as they will not be under my care anymore.
Sorry to hear. Are you planning on doing something else in the 5? Am I sensing ninjas?

jinjerJOSH22

FinalFins said:

My CPDs where originally in a 6 gallon setup, I had 5, lost 2 and kept 2 males, 1 female with a Betta I later added for a couple of months. Obviously it will depend on the Betta and might go differently if you're adding the CPDs into the Bettas lair.

FinalFins

I currently have 6 and one of the weaker males is finally starting to fall. I bought 11 of these guys. and they all HAD to die after the 2 week guarantee period.

Also, thinking of rearranging my tank and adding dragon stone? Ideas would be appreciated !

PascalKrypt

Crispii said:
Year of the rat right (I swear, didn't look it up)?

FinalFins

PascalKrypt said:
Year of the rat right (I swear, didn't look it up)?
Yup.

PascalKrypt

FinalFins said:
\o/
Think we were moving on from the year of the pig? Not 100% sure on that one either tbh..
Not sure if I prefer golden rat or golden pig figurines. Probably pig :p

Not so sure about the 'happy' part though =# Been kind of obsessively following current events and things aren't looking so hot.

FinalFins

my snails walking on water?!? How do they do that? :eek:

Yeah lots of sad stuff.

Crispii

Feohw said:
Sorry to hear. Are you planning on doing something else in the 5? Am I sensing ninjas?
I'm exchanging it for another pair. I told my friend about it and he recommends me switching my current pair to the pair at the LFS.

FinalFins: I'm curious of what nationality you are since you are celebrating the Lunar New Year with family. If you don't feel comfortable telling it, then I understand.

jinjerJOSH22

In the hospital for the next few hours, not much to do here, why on earth do people come?

PascalKrypt

jinjerJOSH22 said:
In the hospital for the next few hours, not much to do here, why on earth do people come?
You tell me. A couple years ago my grandmother was in the hospital, doing terrible. She was in a critical condition and we were told it was better not to visit to give her rest. (She recovered btw, she's doing good in her mid eighties rn)
Mom's sister (cat and dogs those two) and her children went and visited her. Then later one of the obnoxious kids lectured me on not having visited my grandmother because "what if it had been the last time? It was really nice to go and see her."

And all I could think was; Okay. You feel better for having seen an only half-conscious person who either wasn't fully aware you were there or she was and you were tiring her out while she needing all her strength. I'm pretty sure people would prefer not to be seen in that state and keep that indignified event a little private.

My mom gets really snarky when people want to visit her in the hospital :p She literally yells "don't come!" in the phone when they call to arrange and visit and insists they come and visit her when she's back home for some tea instead.

I mean, I hope it isn't that dramatic :p Hope it's just a routine visit after surgery or something?

jinjerJOSH22

PascalKrypt said:
You tell me. A couple years ago my grandmother was in the hospital, doing terrible. She was in a critical condition and we were told it was better not to visit to give her rest. (She recovered btw, she's doing good in her mid eighties rn)
Mom's sister (cat and dogs those two) and her children went and visited her. Then later one of the obnoxious kids lectured me on not having visited my grandmother because "what if it had been the last time? It was really nice to go and see her."

And all I could think was; Okay. You feel better for having seen an only half-conscious person who either wasn't fully aware you were there or she was and you were tiring her out while she needing all her strength. I'm pretty sure people would prefer not to be seen in that state and keep that indignified event a little private.

My mom gets really snarky when people want to visit her in the hospital :p She literally yells "don't come!" in the phone when they call to arrange and visit and insists they come and visit her when she's back home for some tea instead.

I mean, I hope it isn't that dramatic :p Hope it's just a routine visit after surgery or something?
Mum was just going in for tests :) 2 more things wrong with her but nothing too serious.

My uncle was the same, he didn't want anyone to come see him, he was the eldest of 4 siblins he was stubborn and proud, he didn't like people seeing him weak.

I agree with you on this, hospital isn't a meeting place, it's for recovery. Of course there's exceptions but it takes a lot of energy to deal with people.

I do regret not going to see my Grandmother when she was on her last legs, but she said something to me and I couldn't bare to see her, to be fair I was 12-13 and this was the first time dealing with death.

FinalFins

Crispii said:
FinalFins: I'm curious of what nationality you are since you are celebrating the Lunar New Year with family. If you don't feel comfortable telling it, then I understand.
Chinese. Et toi? Also if your not comfortable, I understand.

PascalKrypt

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Mum was just going in for tests :) 2 more things wrong with her but nothing too serious.

My uncle was the same, he didn't want anyone to come see him, he was the eldest of 4 siblins he was stubborn and proud, he didn't like people seeing him weak.

I agree with you on this, hospital isn't a meeting place, it's for recovery. Of course there's exceptions but it takes a lot of energy to deal with people.

I do regret not going to see my Grandmother when she was on her last legs, but she said something to me and I couldn't bare to see her, to be fair I was 12-13 and this was the first time dealing with death.
Glad to hear, hope she recovers or at least continues to do well.

Yes, as children we are kind of excused. I skipped a funeral in my early teens when I was given the choice because the thought horrified me, I later realised that having that kind of 'ending' ceremony is better for processing later on. I kept running headfirst into the realisation that person was no more for months, as if my brain hadn't really processed it. And I wasn't even that close to them.
Also very much a learning process.

:( Sorry about the situation with your grandmother though. I can see how that might gnaw at you from time to time.

TheDitherFish

why do you have to exchange your pair?

Crispii

TheDitherFish said:
why do you have to exchange your pair?
Aggression.

jinjerJOSH22

PascalKrypt said:

Yes, as children we are kind of excused. I skipped a funeral in my early teens when I was given the choice because the thought horrified me, I later realised that having that kind of 'ending' ceremony is better for processing later on. I kept running headfirst into the realisation that person was no more for months, as if my brain hadn't really processed it. And I wasn't even that close to them.

:( Sorry about the situation with your grandmother though. I can see how that might gnaw at you from time to time.
My Uncle was the difficult one, he was like the father I never had :p but the worst part of that was losing my 16 year old dog a month later and my 20 year old cat a month after that

This was a rough period but i'm fairly good at laughing things off these days. Especially when in my uncles last words he took the mick, saying he "could see the light" Mums not so much religious but ghosts and whatnot Her face was a picture, I didn't know whether to cry or laugh, so I did both.

Because I was so close to him I ended up giving a speech at his funeral, i'm not sure if "proud" is the right word but that experience standing in front of 50 or so people is something I'll never forget.

Closure is important, I got it with my Gran when we scattered her ashes, probably one of the most fun days of my life, simply because the wind was strong enough to sit on and what was meant to be a "sad" day ended hilariously with her flying out the box in a split-second

Thanks, Mum should be fine :D

CMB

PascalKrypt said:

Yeah, I know that feeling. The feeling of seeing something that reminds you of someone and just assuming they'll be there, then realizing otherwise. I just personally wonder if going to a funeral would actually help with this, or if your brain would remain in denial for a while either way. Idk, funerals just kind of bother me... Too many people, and the idea of a dead body just creeps me out. I think I'm just one of those people that prefers to morn in relative private, though.

Crispii

Goodbye old pair and hello new pair! I'm hoping that nothing bad will happen to the new pair.

NC122606

Awww,
Did you guys see Kobe Bryant just passed away in a helicopter crash? :(

Feohw

His 13 year old daughter too... so sad!

Top Bottom