Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion Question 

CaptainAquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
FinalFins said:
Had a high school tour today and the high school counselers gave me a book that had all the courses I could take. Def going with physics, not chem. What's the point of chem anyways? making potions????
lol!

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Had a high school tour today and the high school counselers gave me a book that had all the courses I could take. Def going with physics, not chem. What's the point of chem anyways? making potions????
Without chemistry, there will be no aquariums.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
Without chemistry, there will be no aquariums.
good point.

honorstoise

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just learn chemistry by getting an aquarium lol

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
WHOOOO!!! I am officially done with this semester! :D

To be completely honest, this semester was pretty brutal for me.
So what are you going to be doing with all that free time now? :O

Edit: Also what Crispii said :p Chemistry is kind of important for understand a lot of advanced aquarium topics.
(In general, chemistry is actually kind of nice. I hated it because I had a HORRIFICALLY bad teacher. As in, the school tried to fire him several times but he kept just skirting by in tests used as pretext for firing someone for lack of teaching skills. But then many years later I came to really appreciate it anyhow :D)

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
So what are you going to be doing with all that free time now? :O
For starters, I want to re-scape the Altum tank. I'm planning on doing a pseudo-biotope tank.

PascalKrypt said:
Edit: Also what Crispii said :p Chemistry is kind of important for understand a lot of advanced aquarium topics.
(In general, chemistry is actually kind of nice. I hated it because I had a HORRIFICALLY bad teacher. As in, the school tried to fire him several times but he kept just skirting by in tests used as pretext for firing someone for lack of teaching skills. But then many years later I came to really appreciate it anyhow :D)
I don't necessarily enjoy learning chemistry in school. In fact, I struggle at chemistry a lot during middle school. I remembered my teacher assigning a homework about balancing chemical equations over the weekend, which is something that I struggled a lot. After the weekend break, my teacher decided to give a pop quiz on balancing chemical equations. Of course, I failed the quiz miserably with a score of around 30 or 40 out of 100. Fortunately, my teacher decided to let everyone correct their answers for a higher grade.

Whenever it comes to aquarium, I am willing to learn everything, including chemistry.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
For starters, I want to re-scape the Altum tank. I'm planning on doing a pseudo-biotope tank.
Does it still look the same as last time you posted a pic? (totally not pushing you to post an update pick).
What would a pseudo-biotope look like?

FinalFins
I'm curious, what choices do you have to make? Or is it only between those two courses?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
Does it still look the same as last time you posted a pic? (totally not pushing you to post an update pick).
What would a pseudo-biotope look like?
Doing a hardscape only tank with driftwood. I decided to switch it up because both the Altum and 5 gallon tank are similar with plants attach to wood. I want both aquariums to be different, not just stocking, but scapes as well.

Here's is what I'm thinking of doing: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cc/ac/a1/ccaca1b15d488572637c1989626c8b01.jpg

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crispii said:
Doing a hardscape only tank with driftwood. I decided to switch it up because both the Altum and 5 gallon tank are similar with plants attach to wood. I want both aquariums to be different, not just stocking, but scapes as well.

Here's is what I'm thinking of doing: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cc/ac/a1/ccaca1b15d488572637c1989626c8b01.jpg
What about the gazillion anubias and other plants you had on the wood in there? That looks good though. Just altums and bristlenose still?

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
What about the gazillion anubias and other plants you had on the wood in there? That looks good though. Just altums and bristlenose still?
I may use them for a future scape or donate them at my LFS for store credit. I was able to use some of the plants and add them in my 5 gallon tank where I am going to house a pair of bettas, with no divider.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
FinalFins
I'm curious, what choices do you have to make? Or is it only between those two courses?
Well you have to choose either physics or chem for high school I am pretty sure and plus add electives and more classes.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Well you have to choose either physics or chem for high school I am pretty sure and plus add electives and more classes.
Really? I have to take both chemistry and physics back in high school.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Crispii said:
Really? I have to take both chemistry and physics back in high school.
Really?? Maybe it is just my school.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Really?? Maybe it is just my school.
I took four science classes back in HS. Five, if you want to count AP Bio as a separate science class.

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm doing advanced bio right now so I guess I will have 2 science classes. I'm sure I could do chem and physics if I wanted but I don't like chem.

PascalKrypt

Well Known Member
Reaction score
FinalFins said:
Wait, you're entering HS this year or is this your second year?
You have to pick between classes before even having had them. That is just weird. That's like having to a pick a profession before you've tried it out.

Crispii said:

I actually really like that! Very novel :)

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
entering next year, weird, right? They want us to plan and make lists of what we want to take. thinking of taking international cooking classes.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
PascalKrypt said:
I actually really like that! Very novel :)
Thanks! The aquarium was once a show tank at my LFS. :)

FinalFins said:
entering next year, weird, right? They want us to plan and make lists of what we want to take. thinking of taking international cooking classes.
So weird.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
PascalKrypt said:
Nice, pits are all gone! I really wonder what that was... how exactly did you end up treating him and for how long, btw?
I wouldn't put him back in the main tank yet, his caudal is still shredded. Give his fins some time to heal.
Thanks I ended up treating him for about Week and three days!

FinalFins

Well Known Member
Reaction score
NC122606 said:
Thanks I ended up treating him for about Week and three days!
Glad to see its doing much better.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom