Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion - Page 42

Feohw

Member
Crispii said:
Because of that little fish, the conflict between the Altums and Bolvians escalates. The Altums did nothing and that little ram decides to ram on the Altums. Not cool.

Talking to you Feohw and FinalFins.
The strike was necessary. The altums were planning strikes on bolivian ram diplomats. Funny to see them flee from such a small little guy.
TheDitherFish said:
Ants are amazing creatures with incredible diversity. just look up polyrhachis ypsilon, one of the coolest ants out there. but personally like camponotus more than other genus' where I live. but my dream ants are the higher fungus farmers, leaf cutters, and crematogaster species.
I think the Saharan silver ant, Cataglyphis bombycina, and the door head ant, Cephalotes varians, are some of the coolest looking. There's so many other crazy looking ants too.
 

TheDitherFish

Member
look up colobopsis and odontomachus. Also look up Polyrhachis yplison the most gorgeous of the fish hook ants
 

Nikao

Member
What did the Pink Panther say when he stepped on the ant hill?

Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead Ant, Dead Ant
 

TheDitherFish

Member
NOT every ant is bad and has a painful sting and lives in your house. Be honest when I say carpenter ants what do you think of ? ?
 

NC122606

Member
TheDitherFish said:
NOT every ant is bad and has a painful sting and lives in your house. Be honest when I say carpenter ants what do you think of ? ?
Wood eating ants.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member

TheDitherFish

Member
But less than 2% of those species actually infest houses. The majority of the genus (Camponotus) live in dirt or Rotting wood. Who knows the common name for tapinoma sessile? some ants actually massacre termites for food and some farm them
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
Male after a few days.


20200123_220604.jpg
 

fishlover357

Member
Crispii said:
Random question: What is the coolest thing that you found? For me, it's finding $20 on the floor when I was walking out from my history class today. :p
I was taking out the trash and found a coin that was worth $10 in Jamaica in my parent's trash can... wonder if I'll ever use it.

What is with everyone finding money?
 

TheDitherFish

Member
I don't know but that luck has yet to come around to me.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Took the Snakeskin back today and picked up some Rosy Loaches, a very cute addition to my nano 22 gallon.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
FINALLY! I got the male to eat! For the past few days, it was really difficult to feed the male. Probably because the tank was over decorated.
 

FinalFins

Member
Uuuh. Forgot phone at school and they won't let me in.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
FinalFins said:
Uuuh. Forgot phone at school and they won't let me in.
Time to break in!
 

FinalFins

Member
Crispii said:
Time to break in!
Yup. What brand of crowbar do you reccomend?
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
FinalFins said:
Yup. What brand of crowbar do you reccomend?
A rock.
 

TheDitherFish

Member
This may come as a surprise to some people but life still exists without your phone and it is not the center of the universe. SURPRISE. Also try leaving it alone for a day can you do it?
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
TheDitherFish said:
This may come as a surprise to some people but life still exists without your phone and it is not the center of the universe. SURPRISE. Also try leaving it alone for a day can you do it?
I want to bin mine!! :mad:
 

Feohw

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Took the Snakeskin back today and picked up some Rosy Loaches, a very cute addition to my nano 22 gallon.
Lovely addition. I was so close to getting these or chipmunk (dwarf chain) loaches over the weekend. Do you have any pics?
Crispii said:
What brand of rock do you recommend?
TheDitherFish said:
This may come as a surprise to some people but life still exists without your phone and it is not the center of the universe. SURPRISE. Also try leaving it alone for a day can you do it?
What's a phone?
 

TheDitherFish

Member
Don't know exactly what it is but I think it rots your brain and makes you a zombie
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Feohw said:
Lovely addition. I was so close to getting these or chipmunk (dwarf chain) loaches over the weekend. Do you have any pics?

What brand of rock do you recommend?

What's a phone?
Not any good ones, they’re congregating towards the back.

96DE2296-F3AC-4345-AE80-7024393AE110.jpeg

81AB9053-C77B-4D91-8663-FE46D44C6D31.jpeg

82149604-5F25-462B-B042-51AAFF2C2D80.jpeg
 

PascalKrypt

Member
TheDitherFish said:
This may come as a surprise to some people but life still exists without your phone and it is not the center of the universe. SURPRISE. Also try leaving it alone for a day can you do it?
Well my employer and colleagues hate me but I routinely turn it off or lose it for days. Also don't have whatsapp (which my work made obligatory this year, so I finally caved and installed it) linked to notifications so I actually have to open to see if I have new messages. Try it, that should really help.
In the summer I just leave my phone off for months. Usually don't take it when I leave the house unless I know I'll need to make a call or text.
Phone schmone.

But I do think it helps I managed to clear HS before everyone was glued to theirs. So my social circle didn't get destroyed because I refuse to use it.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
I had a bad experience whenever it comes to phones and certain people.

During the very last day of middle school (the time when we hang out together for the last time, even though we might not see each other again), my friends and ex-crush were constantly using their phones the entire day. For the most part, they didn't acknowledge me and were continuously using their phones. When I was leaving for the day, only two out of like twelve of my classmates said goodbye to me. To me, that was the worst day of my life and it's all because of my classmates bringing phones to the last day of school. Mind you, I didn't even have a phone at the time.
 

PascalKrypt

Member
Crispii said:
I had a bad experience whenever it comes to phones and certain people.

During the very last day of middle school (the time when we hang out together for the last time, even though we might not see each other again), my friends and ex-crush were constantly using their phones the entire day. For the most part, they didn't acknowledge me and were continuously using their phones. When I was leaving for the day, only two out of like twelve of my classmates said goodbye to me. To me, that was the worst day of my life and it's all because of my classmates bringing phones to the last day of school. Mind you, I didn't even have a phone at the time.
This, I get this so much. Whatever happened to in-person communication?

My brother and sister-in-law and just like this whenever doing an activity that doesn't demand 100% of undivided attention to do successfully.
THEY ask ME to watch a movie together, then after about 10 minutes they start doing stuff on their phone and online half-looking at the screen. Then after an hour they complain about how the plot is too complicated and who is this guy that just showed up again and blah blah. Like maybe actually do what you're doing instead of trying to do fifteen things at once? Geez.

Very sad to hear the experience was that bad for you though :( I honestly think this sort of stuff contributes to depression because even those people on their phones feel disconnected.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
PascalKrypt said:
This, I get this so much. Whatever happened to in-person communication?

My brother and sister-in-law and just like this whenever doing an activity that doesn't demand 100% of undivided attention to do successfully.
THEY ask ME to watch a movie together, then after about 10 minutes they start doing stuff on their phone and online half-looking at the screen. Then after an hour they complain about how the plot is too complicated and who is this guy that just showed up again and blah blah. Like maybe actually do what you're doing instead of trying to do fifteen things at once? Geez.

Very sad to hear the experience was that bad for you though :( I honestly think this sort of stuff contributes to depression because even those people on their phones feel disconnected.
After that, I never saw them again. The thing that bothers me the most is that I kind of got "rejected" by my ex-crush. She was one of those person that was constantly on the phone for the entirety of the day. Not only that, but she was not one of the two people that said goodbye to me.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Crispii said:
I had a bad experience whenever it comes to phones and certain people.

During the very last day of middle school (the time when we hang out together for the last time, even though we might not see each other again), my friends and ex-crush were constantly using their phones the entire day. For the most part, they didn't acknowledge me and were continuously using their phones. When I was leaving for the day, only two out of like twelve of my classmates said goodbye to me. To me, that was the worst day of my life and it's all because of my classmates bringing phones to the last day of school. Mind you, I didn't even have a phone at the time.
PascalKrypt said:
This, I get this so much. Whatever happened to in-person communication?

My brother and sister-in-law and just like this whenever doing an activity that doesn't demand 100% of undivided attention to do successfully.
THEY ask ME to watch a movie together, then after about 10 minutes they start doing stuff on their phone and online half-looking at the screen. Then after an hour they complain about how the plot is too complicated and who is this guy that just showed up again and blah blah. Like maybe actually do what you're doing instead of trying to do fifteen things at once? Geez.

Very sad to hear the experience was that bad for you though :( I honestly think this sort of stuff contributes to depression because even those people on their phones feel disconnected.
Whenever I get together with my friends to play board games or consume alcohol they're constantly on there darn phones it does my head in :mad:
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Whenever I get together with my friends to play board games or consume alcohol they're constantly on there darn phones it does my head in :mad:
Here's the thing. The people who had phones hang out with each other. I was alone because I didn't have a phone. So trying to squeeze in with a bunch of peers who had phones would be awkward. It's like being a third wheel on a date.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Crispii said:
Here's the thing. The people who had phones hang out with each other. I was alone because I didn't have a phone. So trying to squeeze in with a bunch of peers who had phones would be awkward.
I only got a phone maybe a month ago, never really desired one but between posting here and general convenience I caved.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I only got a phone maybe a month ago, never really desired one but between posting here and general convenience I caved.
I never even had a Snapchat account until one of my friends told me to make one during my Junior year of HS.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Crispii said:
I never even had a Snapchat account until one of my friends told me to make one during my Junior year of HS.
I had Facebook for Two days, started it New Years 2 years ago because I asked a childhood crush out (Blackout drunk) and didn't have a mobile, probably made a donkey of myself (Not clear) then realized what happened, deleted it and never looked back since
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
But yeah, I got a bit depressed for the past few years after the incident and was constantly thinking about her. However, something amazing happened. I started to get involve in the aquarium hobby. Since then, I started to think more about fishkeeping and less about her. At one point, I was stalking on one of my peer's Instagram account because she posts pictures of my ex-crush on it.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Anyone else buy Easter Eggs in January? They're the best chocolate.
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Anyone else buy Easter Eggs in January? They're the best chocolate.
No, but I'm celebrating New Years tomorrow.
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Crispii said:
No, but I'm celebrating New Years tomorrow.
Hows that work? Going out?
 
  • Thread Starter

Crispii

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Hows that work? Going out?
Going to my uncle's place on Sunday. I'm hoping that he has some aquarium stuff for me to take. Let's hope that it's another tank. ;)
 

jinjerJOSH22

Member
Crispii said:
Going to my uncle's place on Sunday. I'm hoping that he has some aquarium stuff for me to take. Let's hope that it's another tank. ;)
Nice, I just realized I haven't been "out" in months :( that being said i'd rather spend the money on my fish babies :p
 

TheDitherFish

Member
Hmm don't have any technology just steal moments on my school computers to research animals and hover over the 2 forums I am a member of and I have 2 friends in my grade. also do this on my moms mac. used to have an ipad but I kinda glad it broke.
 

Feohw

Member
I really haven't experienced much wrong with phones. My friends actually talk to one another when we are together, and phones are what keep us together when we are apart. Though I'm not great at staying in touch with people as I don't really use social media. Glad I don't experience the horror people seem to make phones out to be!

Also yes, easter eggs are the best chocolate. Though chocolate is meh.
 

FinalFins

Member
TheDitherFish said:
Don't know exactly what it is but I think it rots your brain and makes you a zombie
Yeah I noticed it. I usually use my phone to communicate and go onto fishlore. I try to stay away from phone but I needed it this weekend as I have away meets for sports/stuff i'm doing with friends.

Oh, and I actually kinda snuck in to get it. Before practice today the door to the middle school was open so I ran in a and grabbed it from my locker.
 

PascalKrypt

Member
jinjerJOSH22 said:
Whenever I get together with my friends to play board games or consume alcohol they're constantly on there darn phones it does my head in :mad:
Feohw said:
I really haven't experienced much wrong with phones. My friends actually talk to one another when we are together, and phones are what keep us together when we are apart. Though I'm not great at staying in touch with people as I don't really use social media. Glad I don't experience the horror people seem to make phones out to be!

Also yes, easter eggs are the best chocolate. Though chocolate is meh.
This. Though I can relate to phone problems when it comes to my younger colleagues (and sibling, sadly), fortunately it doesn't happen with my friends. We also play board games together! And last summer I went road tripping with one. No phones in sight.. well aside from conveniently asking him to google stuff when we need to know information because I'm a cheapskate without mobile internet :p

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I had Facebook for Two days, started it New Years 2 years ago because I asked a childhood crush out (Blackout drunk) and didn't have a mobile, probably made a donkey of myself (Not clear) then realized what happened, deleted it and never looked back since
I haven't used Facebook since 2014. The very day of graduation (bachelor), that was the last time I logged in. My unI unfortunately used it as an easy communication channel so I couldn't really not have it. Glad to be rid of that basket of poison.

Crispii said:
But yeah, I got a bit depressed for the past few years after the incident and was constantly thinking about her. However, something amazing happened. I started to get involve in the aquarium hobby. Since then, I started to think more about fishkeeping and less about her. At one point, I was stalking on one of my peer's Instagram account because she posts pictures of my ex-crush on it.
Sssst. Let me hypothise you. Whenever you think of her, from now on you will picture her top half as a trout, flailing about on fry land.
PERFECT.

jinjerJOSH22 said:
Anyone else buy Easter Eggs in January? They're the best chocolate.
D: Blashemy! Dark chocolate is where it's at. If it's not at least 85%, I won't eat it.
 
Top Bottom