Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion Question 

  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #422

Crispii

Well Known Member
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
2,117
Points
298
Oh boy. I got some new tank mates to go with the Altums. Anyone would like to take a guess?
 

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
446
Points
118
Experience
More than 10 years
Crispii said:
I would never put discus with angels.


No.
I know like three things about altum angels, so my guesses are limited to “discus” and “ram”. I know altums stroll with flag cichlids in the wild...
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #429

Crispii

Well Known Member
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
2,117
Points
298
CrazedHoosier said:
I know like three things about altum angels, so my guesses are limited to “discus” and “ram”. I know altums stroll with flag cichlids in the wild...
Not keeping different species of cichlids with my Altums.
 

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
446
Points
118
Experience
More than 10 years
Crispii said:
Oh ummm..... *they're tetras* :p
Tetras are basically the most basic fish available (sorry no personal hate towards tetras), and altums are one of the most coveted. It seems like an... odd pairing. Unless they’re either glowlight, rummynose, or cardinal tetras, I’ll get sick to my stomach. I’m picturing black skirt tetras with altums and it’s giving me a headache.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #433

Crispii

Well Known Member
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
2,117
Points
298
CrazedHoosier said:
Tetras are basically the most basic fish available (sorry no personal hate towards tetras), and altums are one of the most coveted. It seems like an... odd pairing. Unless they’re either glowlight, rummynose, or cardinal tetras, I’ll get sick to my stomach. I’m picturing black skirt tetras with altums and it’s giving me a headache.
Oh okay. :D

They're not black skirts. :p However, you're getting on the right track. ;)
 

CrazedHoosier

Well Known Member
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
446
Points
118
Experience
More than 10 years
Crispii said:
Nope, not a huge fan of neons.
I give up! I can’t run through the entire list of common tetras. I keep pulling up LiveAquaria just to look at the possibilities.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #437

Crispii

Well Known Member
Messages
3,043
Reaction score
2,117
Points
298
CrazedHoosier said:
I give up! I can’t run through the entire list of common tetras. I keep pulling up LiveAquaria just to look at the possibilities.
I added cardinals. :)
 

Feohw

Well Known Member
Messages
2,924
Reaction score
2,340
Points
283
Experience
1 year
Crispii said:
I added cardinals. :)
Good choice. Definitely wish I went with these over neons back when I had to make that choice. Though its possible they may be seen as little snacks when the altums get to full size.
CrazedHoosier said:
That choice is acceptable. I did mention cardinals earlier, though! Is it neons or cardinals that are usually found around altums?
Cardinals are found with them. Neons come from cooler waters.
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom