Completely/Evenly Random Discussion 2: The Randomer Discussion Question 

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crispii said:
So excited for tomorrow. Will be getting some new fish as my birthday gifts.
Nice. More altums? More bettas?

On a side note, longfin oscars really don't look good imo. Takes away from a fish such as that. I love reds though.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I want to post some kind of thread about Gourami, i'm not sure what kind of thread though.

Do I go for an informative post, take my time detailing my experience with various species and how I believe they should be kept.

Do I go for a more interactive post, not exactly sure what, I remember a thread not too long ago, that was "favourite Gourami/Gourami of the day" but that died pretty fast, I think because It probably should've been weekly or monthly and the pictures were copyright. I was also correcting just about every post, I felt bad about that :(
I'd have a slight advantage here as i've currently got 9 species and plans to get others.

I kind of feel like doing both and I probably will, I also plan on doing a "Build" type thread for my 50 if everything goes to plan. Look forward to that because It might go horribly wrong or not happen but if it works out it might prove interesting.

Yes i've not slept and the likely reason i'm having all these ideas :p

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
jinjerJOSH22 said:
I want to post some kind of thread about Gourami, i'm not sure what kind of thread though.

Do I go for an informative post, take my time detailing my experience with various species and how I believe they should be kept.

Do I go for a more interactive post, not exactly sure what, I remember a thread not too long ago, that was "favourite Gourami/Gourami of the day" but that died pretty fast, I think because It probably should've been weekly or monthly and the pictures were copyright. I was also correcting just about every post, I felt bad about that :(
I'd have a slight advantage here as i've currently got 9 species and plans to get others.

I kind of feel like doing both and I probably will, I also plan on doing a "Build" type thread for my 50 if everything goes to plan. Look forward to that because It might go horribly wrong or not happen but if it works out it might prove interesting.

It's up to you.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
jinjerJOSH22 said:

You could try and do the informational one, I did one similar to that. You can check mine out as an outline if you’d like! African Butterfly Fish Care | Oddball Fish 415333

jinjerJOSH22

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What's the one monster fish you would love to keep? I'd love Asian arowana or Brachyplatystoma tigrinum. Or Bagarius bagarius (very big). Of course I say "the one" and then list off three. I'd love the Brachy the most I think.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
What's the one monster fish you would love to keep?
Scleropages formosus.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Crispii said:
Scleropages formosus.
Ahh. The Asian bonytongue. Good choice.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
What classifies a fish as monster?

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sure different people have their own take. I wouldn't really consider oscar sized fish monsters personally, but things like arowana, giant gourami. Fish 20 inches plus maybe. Maybe a little less. I've heard people refer to oscars as monster fish though.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
I'm sure different people have their own take. I wouldn't really consider oscar sized fish monsters personally, but things like arowana, giant gourami. Fish 20 inches plus maybe. Maybe a little less. I've heard people refer to oscars as monster fish though.
Ok, well I was going to say giant gourami, flag tail prochelodus and tropical gars.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
FinalFins said:
Ok, well I was going to say giant gourami, flag tail prochelodus and tropical gars.
Oooh. I forgot gars. I'd love some of them too. Rachel O'leary has had her impact on me.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
Oooh. I forgot gars. I'd love some of them too. Rachel O'leary has had her impact on me.
Her tanks are stunning and I always go to her videos to help me learn something.

FinalFins said:
Oop forgot chinese banded sharks

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I forgot a wolf eel too. Those are some spooky dudes. Huuge too. I could totally own one.

Crispii

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Feohw said:
I forgot a wolf eel too. Those are some spooky dudes. Huuge too. I could totally own one.
And don't forget the infamous Arapaima gigas.

NC122606

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Feohw said:
Electric eels no question.

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’ve always thought of big catfish as monsters too. There are so many that get absolutely massive

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here's my eel. Definitely mine. Only 8 feet in size. I could fit a tank big enough in my house without issue.
20200222_022017.jpg

And then this lil guy.
Snapchat-1442009728.jpg

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
1582384417607.png

:eek:

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads