Completely Confused.

  • Thread starter

Azugs77

New Member
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Points
3

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,164
Reaction score
6,152
Points
758
Experience
3 years
Possibly an early stage of Ich?
I would turn the temperature up, and see if that helps, or use a bit of aquarium salt to try to cure this.

Again, it may not be ich, I am just assuming as that's what it is.
 

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Messages
807
Reaction score
331
Points
98
Experience
1 year
You need more cory cats. When corydoras are in too few numbers they get stressed out which can lower their immune systems and allow them to get sicker easily. Raise the temp to about 87-88 for around week. It's debatable about salt and heat at once, so do some research before you do both. I'd honestly do only heat. Also, I like coppersafe ich treatment, though it stains white sand and air tubing.
 
  • Thread starter

Azugs77

New Member
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Forgot to mention. Does not look like salt. I'd
Fanatic said:
Possibly an early stage of Ich?
I would turn the temperature up, and see if that helps, or use a bit of aquarium salt to try to cure this.

Again, it may not be ich, I am just assuming as that's what it is.
FriarThomasIII said:
You need more cory cats. When corydoras are in too few numbers they get stressed out which can lower their immune systems and allow them to get sicker easily. Raise the temp to about 87-88 for around week. It's debatable about salt and heat at once, so do some research before you do both. I'd honestly do only heat. Also, I like coppersafe ich treatment, though it stains white sand and air tubing.
Fanatic said:
Possibly an early stage of Ich?
I would turn the temperature up, and see if that helps, or use a bit of aquarium salt to try to cure this.

Again, it may not be ich, I am just assuming as that's what it is.

It's just odd. It's not raised. Not super white. Not fuzzy.
 

FriarThomasIII

Well Known Member
Messages
807
Reaction score
331
Points
98
Experience
1 year
Still, you need more corycats my dude.
 

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,832
Reaction score
2,768
Points
348
Experience
More than 10 years
It's tough to tell at this point...ich would be on all the other parts of the body. I keep an eye on it at this time.

Was there anything added to the tank recently?
 
  • Thread starter

Azugs77

New Member
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Fashooga said:
It's tough to tell at this point...ich would be on all the other parts of the body. I keep an eye on it at this time.

Was there anything added to the tank recently?
No nothing added.
 
  • Thread starter

Azugs77

New Member
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Points
3
FriarThomasIII said:
Still, you need more corycats my dude.
Ok. Thank you.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom