Completely Confused. Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Azugs77, Apr 11, 2018.

1. A

Azugs77 New Member Member

30 gallon tank. Beast is the only goldfish. 2 cory cats dwell. Water parameters are spot on. I check with a test kit, not strips. No signs of stress. No rubbing. No flashing. Eating great. So, here's the problem.. white spots only on tailfins and dorsal fin. Nothing on the body. Thank you. A. 20180411_074406_007.jpg 20180411_074446_001.jpg 20180411_074446_002.jpg 20180411_074450.jpg

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Possibly an early stage of Ich?
    I would turn the temperature up, and see if that helps, or use a bit of aquarium salt to try to cure this.

Again, it may not be ich, I am just assuming as that's what it is.

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

You need more cory cats. When corydoras are in too few numbers they get stressed out which can lower their immune systems and allow them to get sicker easily. Raise the temp to about 87-88 for around week. It's debatable about salt and heat at once, so do some research before you do both. I'd honestly do only heat. Also, I like coppersafe ich treatment, though it stains white sand and air tubing.

4. OP
    OP
    A

Forgot to mention. Does not look like salt. I'd

It's just odd. It's not raised. Not super white. Not fuzzy.

5. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

Still, you need more corycats my dude.

6. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

It's tough to tell at this point...ich would be on all the other parts of the body. I keep an eye on it at this time.

Was there anything added to the tank recently?

7. OP
    OP
    A

No nothing added.

8. OP
    OP
    A

Ok. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice