compatible?

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have 2 red tail botia modesta now can I add striata botia to my tank?? will they fight with each other or will they play nice?? does anyone know??

Heidi

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
well since I couldn't find any info to the contrary I went and got four striata botia and added them to my tank. They have been in the tank with my red finned loaches for over a month now and are getting along quite nicely with the red fins. They like to sleep together and dig for snails together. they just don't play together which is good cause the red tails get a little more aggressive when they play and they are almost twice as big as my striped loaches. I will try to get a updated pic of the loaches for you all to see soon.

Heidi

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I missed this one. If you haven't already checked it, you can go to www.loaches.com to get more information about both species.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yep I totally missed this one. Sorry If you go to the link gunnie gave you you can get lots of info on all kind of loaches. Now if you really want to drool go to the loach forums http://forums.loaches.com/
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah have gone there and wasn't a pretty sight. I was drooling like crazy. I am driving my boyfriend crazy with all of my wants. He actually loves all of our fish like I do but doesn't want ta admit it. He actually went to the store and got them to order me my clown loaches. I will be able to get them this week sometime. YEAH!!!!! am so excited. Now I just have to figure out how to arrange my tanks to make room for them. I figured that I will start them in a quarintine tank, with snails of course. Then I am going to move them to the tank with my angel pair to rid the tank of snails. Then they will end up in the 55 gallon, with what friends I am not sure what is going to stay and go. Do you guys have any ideas what to leave in with them???

Heidi

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Leave everything except for the other loaches They are compatible with the other loaches but they will all claim a spot on the bottom and Clowns need a lot of room. Since the other loaches have been in that tank awhile and have claimed their spots they might try to beat up on the new "guys: on the block.
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carol. We will try that. Can I add the other loaches back in after the clowns have been in there or is that not a smart idea???

Heidi

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could try to add them back after a week or two if you like but just keep a close watch on them( and put that bigger tank on layaway for the clowns in a year or less)
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have that one already in the plans.... Have been working on my boyfriend ( Jeff ) to let me get a bigger tank for awhile. Now with him really liking the clowns I get to get one. Hopefully will be able to get one as soon as taxes come back. Next tank I get is going to be atleast 100gal if I can find a good one. I can't wait. I am having so much fun and love my fish so much am going to end up with as many tanks as you have carol. MAybe more who knows. I definatley has MTS really bad, in less then a year have gone from one tank to already having 6 and planning more. Does this ever stop???

Heidi

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nope never stops The itch just gets worse, and believe me after your clowns settle in and start playing you will be hooked. oh and by the way.... don't die if fright the first time you see them sleeping on their sides. You will think their dead! LOL Enjoy.
Glad to know the bigger tank is in the works, with enough room Clowns can live for many years (a friend from another site has one that turned 21 yrs this year) and get REALLY large. OK I'm going now I'm rambling
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom