compatibility? Question

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by jayham26, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jayham26Valued MemberMember

I was looking at a spike tail paradise fish and was wondering if its compatible with my other fish, one blue paradise gourami, one gold gourami, one striped racheal cat, two platy's. Both my gouramis are female and I don't know if the the spike tail paradise is considered a gourami but I know it is in the same family group, labyrinth fish. I have a 20 gal. and I looking at getting two spike tail paradise fish if there compatible. Any info would be helpful thanks.:)

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

The spike tail is the same as your blue paradise fish just a different finnage. Paradise fish are very territorial and can be very aggressive with another paradise fish. I really don't think it would be a good addition to your tank.
    Carol

3. JayseeFishlore LegendMember

how does your current paradise fish get along with the gourami?

4. jayham26Valued MemberMember

The paradise fish gets along with my gold gourami great. Both are female and swim together all the time, no sign of aggression. She has been a very mellow paradise that is why I thought that another would brighten up my tank. I did have a blue gourami that recently died in my med tank, but she was more aggressive than the paradise fish is. When I first bought the paradise fish she was the one being picked on by the males in the tank at the store and thats why I had to bring her home.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice