Compatibility

1. Bipin Initiate Member

Hi are tetras and mollys compatible with chiclids and gouramis?

2. SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

Hi Bipin,
    I have neons, 6 month old mollies and albino catfish in with a dwarf gourami and they all get on perfectly. I dont know about chiclids though sorry i dont have those.
    :)

3. MuskieCatcher Member Member

Dwarf cichlids should be okay with all of those providing you match the parameters and temps for all the fish. I wouldnt recommend other cichlids as they will likely snack on any fish that will fit in their mouth, such as the tetras. Also, most african cichlids prefer very hard alkaline water and do better in a tank of just cichlids. I would put GBRs or agassizi cichlids in perhaps, if you really want cichlids. I have a tank with GBRs tetras and dwarf gouramis, as well as platies, close enough to mollies in terms of temperament. Hope it helps out!

4. aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum and glad you decided to join us. It is tough to answer the question without knowing what size tank you are talking about? Is this your first tank? If it is are you aware of the Nitrogen Cycle? If not then click on the words and it will take you to a link. Angel fish are also a chiclid that likes softer water and are considered American chiclids. There are lots of tetras with different sizes and behaviours, Same with mollies regarding size from 3 to 6 inches. There are also a great variety of gourami, that vary in size and tempermant. ..Alison;)

5. Aquatica88 Member Member

It depends on what cichlid species. Dwarf cichlids, yes. Other species are either too large/aggressive or incompatible in terms of water parameters. Bolivian Rams are a very nice and sociable species of dwarf cichlid. German Blue Rams prefer soft, acidic water while Mollies need hard, alkaline water, though.