Compatibility chart for Freshwater beginners

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike,
Can you put this in the forum "freshwater beginners." Its a compatibility chart that I use from my friends ebay store. I think it would be the best way to see if what you want to get will be compatible.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is a very interesting chart. And I mean that in a good way.
Tom

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think it would help alot for new people. What do you think?

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It helped me with the furture tanks I wish to set up. But sadly, I now have to change around some of the fish I want to keep. So, ya I think it will help people with their choises. Good work.
Tom

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
We would probably have to have their permission to use it as a forum feature.

Carol

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I could ask if you like?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll bring this to Mikes attention and let him decide.
Carol

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
that's a cool tool to have! be good if a similar thing could work out stocking....i.e. put all your fish in the calculator tool thing and it'll tell you if you're under stocked, about right or overstocked!
i'm slightly puzzled at what it said for some of the combinations of fish i put in though! it said a betta would go in any tank of mine ...the only fish it wouldnt go with was the rainbow fish which is the most placid fish in there!! but said it'd be fine with the guppies and tetras etc that i thought would be problem? and that my loach and plec would harm my plants (neither have done) and that i shouldnt have an invertibrate with any of my fish? i dont know why!! my tank seems happy enough! they've not eaten each other yet!!
Tan 

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tan.b said:
that's a cool tool to have! be good if a similar thing could work out stocking....i.e. put all your fish in the calculator tool thing and it'll tell you if you're under stocked, about right or overstocked!
i'm slightly puzzled at what it said for some of the combinations of fish i put in though! it said a betta would go in any tank of mine ...the only fish it wouldnt go with was the rainbow fish which is the most placid fish in there!! but said it'd be fine with the guppies and tetras etc that i thought would be problem? and that my loach and plec would harm my plants (neither have done) and that i shouldnt have an invertibrate with any of my fish? i dont know why!! my tank seems happy enough! they've not eaten each other yet!!
Tan
Ask Mike, he seems like a very smart guy.
Tom

Mike

Fishlore
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've always been uncomfortable with those automated compatability tools/charts. You're always gonna have someone disagree and there are just too many variables to take into account to accurately predict whether Fish A will mix with Fish B.

We can definitley keep it in the beginner's section though. Moving it now...

Tom thanks for the nice words, but I think my wife would argue with you about that statement.

Thanks,
Mike

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks mike!

I checked over 10 websites and they seem to have the same chart but like alot of people say "its the personality of the fish".

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom