Compatiable fish for my 27 gallon hex tank???

ChiLady

Valued Member
Reaction score
OK group, I have a 27 gallon Hex tank, and I need help in stocking it. Some one mentioned that Angelfish love the tall tanks. But I wouldn't want just one fish in the tank. So what others do well in tall tanks, and what ones do well with different species? I would love to have an angel fish, so can you help me pick out his or her tank mates? Thanks for any helpful ideas. God bless

Francine

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You could do roughly the same thing I did with my angel, put a school of tetras that are known for being really peaceful, (I put lemon tetras) a pleco with a peice of wood, and a couple of small peaceful loaches. And don't forget to put lots of plants for the pleco and angel to hide in, the plants don't have to be really tall, they are there to help make it look nice and be used for a hiding place for some fish.
Tom

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah angels r cool, i have kept platies with them. looks nice

susitna-flower

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If you have a fully cycled tank, and check first to see if your ph would fit, blue rams would be really nice with angles. Look under the cichlids section of Freshwater Fish. I have read that they get along well, the rams stay down on the bottom. It is always good to have corys to help pick up food off the bottom. Let us know what you decide, what ever you do, I'm sure it will be lovely.

Fish in the Frozen North 8)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom