Compatability

username

Valued Member
Reaction score

Puppypower

Reaction score
Hey

Probably. I haven't done it & I don't recomend doing it, because Bettas are better suited to smaller area's. If I were you I'd just get a small fish bowl to put the Betta in & put some other sharks & stuff into your redtails tank, liven thigns u a heaps

But if you must have them in the same tank, then get some plants, plant them around a corner or something, & that way the Betta will feel like it has a small enclosed area. If you do do this, make sure the Bettas spot goes all the way to the top, as it is a labrynth breather.

Pupps

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
DON'T DO IT!!!! I consider it not an option! Bettas won't be able to compete very well for food with the swift red-tailed shark! Don't do it!

Cody

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Puppypower said:
Hey

Probably. I haven't done it & I don't recomend doing it, because Bettas are better suited to smaller area's. If I were you I'd just get a small fish bowl to put the Betta in & put some other sharks & stuff into your redtails tank, liven thigns u a heaps

But if you must have them in the same tank, then get some plants, plant them around a corner or something, & that way the Betta will feel like it has a small enclosed area. If you do do this, make sure the Bettas spot goes all the way to the top, as it is a labrynth breather.

Pupps

nooo wayyy ..that is not a good combo at all..i tryed putting one of my ottos in my 5.5 gallon with my betta and the betta didnt like that..and ottos arent one bit agressive.....ask dave and his wife..sorry i couldnt remember if its stacy or nancy or somthing else ..there the betta experts around

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom