Comparing Fish Prices From Country To Country.

Richard
A couple weekends ago, my girlfriend bought a Knife Fish on a whI'm and paid 35 dollars TT( roughly $5.50 U.S.) for it.. I'm curious as to how much you'd pay in your part of the world.. it's not a Black Ghost just a normal Knife.

Sabi
Hey richard this is just the thread I wanted to start!;D
I've no idea how much the knife fish cost here but i'd like to compare a price of my own...if you don't mind!

FL CommunityFans
Depends on the size. Small clown knifes where I am at in Florida go from 10-15$

Richard
Sounds like we got ourselves a deal, even if we don't plan to keep him.. go right ahead Sabi, or anyone else for that matter it'll be interesting, if enough members weigh in, to get an idea who's paying the least or most for fish according to where they live.

Sabi
FL CommunityFans
BN plecos sell from 6-20 here. The LFS selling them for 20$ are off their rocker.

MissMTS
I have seen peacocks here up to $45 for the really nicely colored adults. I splurged and got two.......one had to be donated to the LFS cause he was so mean and I only got $20 credit!!!!!!! I decided that I will NEVER spend that much on a fish again.

I have not seen any queen arabesque plecos for sale near me (I wish I there were some).

Bristlenose by me are around $15

Nags1965
BN plecos sell from 6-20 here. The LFS selling them for 20$ are off their rocker.

All of the little fish goodies are quite expensive in the local stores.

FL CommunityFans
All of the little fish goodies are quite expensive in the local stores.

They are small BN's though. Maybe an inch, and from what I could tell not the best quality, which is why I said they were off their rocker. They have a bunch of other quality fish at decent prices, but that's the first time I've seen poor quality at that price. The price on the BN's were up actually of what they were last month, which was 11.99

COBettaCouple
I see BNs selling from $15-30, depending on their type. The long-finned seem to get more. We paid $16 for our 3 albino LFBNs, but that was at the fish club auction.

mrsmuffin
I was at the lfs yesterday and they had BN for $11.99 and $18.99 depending on current size.

seedy
The last standard BN I saw was $12.95 Aus and about 2 -3"
I recently saw Clown Loaches at about 6" for the SPECIAL price of 2 for $90Aus.
I nearly went belly up.

ThisGuy
A full grown BN goes for 45$ Canadian plus tax your looking at just over 50 dollars depending on the day of the week that's 47$-49$ U.S. But its like that for everything over here with our stronger dollar means the same high cost for everything and more profit for the big business.

cheers

Sabi
Interesting. I don't feel too bad for having paid R50 (7. us dol)
for mine. Although I was told it was a gold nugget.

hoggle75
my other half paid 25 to 15 for our ones here in australia

Peterpiper
Some of the marine cleaner shrimps go for $150-$170 over here in Australia and I know you can get them for under $30 in the US

Sabi
Some of the marine cleaner shrimps go for $150-$170 over here in Australia and I know you can get them for under $30 in the US
man that is expensive!

COBettaCouple
I think that seahorses are a lot cheaper in Australia than the US, though.

Peterpiper
I think that seahorses are a lot cheaper in Australia than the US, though.

Yes, and it help to know the breeders
Think it has a lot to do with location, and how many breeders you have, if something is imported, it will cost more. You know I would pay heaps to get some of the dwarf seahorses... but we can't get them for love or money. and yet we can get Duncan corals for nothing and in the US you pay a fortune.
Guess that just the way it is..... It all works out in the end ..

COBettaCouple
True.. and usually we want the fish that are more expensive to us locally.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
NoahLikesFish
  • Poll
Replies
Views
smitty23
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies