comparable with male betta

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by 4outof5, Aug 9, 2014.

1. 4

4outof5 New Member Member

My fifteen gallon has been up for a couple months, and the plants are starting to fill out.  

Now I'm wondering if I should add some more fish. I was thinking a school of ember tetras would be fun. I've got the betta, a Cory cat, a couple snails and three ghost shrimp.

Thought? thanks

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Ember tetras are lovely fish especially in a planted tank, keep an eye on your Betta though they can change their minds about having tankmates & turn on them. You could also do with getting some more of whatever cory you have as they're a shoaling fish & should be kept in groups of 6+

3. celizabethh3

celizabethh3 Valued Member Member

I agree with Coradee, work on finishing the cory shoal first and then go from there. :)

Sent from my iPad using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. OP
    OP

What would you say is the minimum number on the cats? If its really six, then I'm thinking moving the dude to another tank would be better. BTW it's a peppered cc.

5. Coradee

I'd have to say 6 of the same kind is the minimum number for corys, what cory do you have?

6. OP
    OP

Peppered

7. Coradee

Peppered won't like the Betta temperature they need much cooler temps.
    If your other tank is cooler no more than 24c, lower preferably then get 5 more peppered, if it's a higher temp then I suggest you rehome the peppered & get a different species of cory

8. OP
    OP

If I rehomed the peppered cory, I don't think I'd start over getting more corys. 6 corys and a betta in 15 gallons seems a bit crowded, doesn't it?

9. Coradee

What are the dimensions of the tank?

10. OP
    OP

24-12-12

11. Coradee

If you didn't have the Betta then I'd suggest panda corys or pygmys for your tank but they don't like high temps so I think corys are a no can do unfortunately

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice