Companion For Baby Goldfish

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by Alborz, Mar 26, 2006.

1. AlborzNew MemberMember

Hello,

I have a baby goldfish that is all alone in a fully cycled 10G tank.  Is there any other fish(es) I can put in there so that he's not lonely.  Preferably something other than a goldfish.  Thanks for your advice.

2. jim55379Valued MemberMember

Sorry but I would say probably not. How about a different "type" of goldfish? Fancy with long fins or those ones at the LFS that look like their eyes are bulging out? I have 3 goldfish and have tried other fish and they all die when they were with the goldfish. Part of the reason is goldfish like is cooler and don't mix with tropicals that like warmer temps. Especially a 10 gallon doesn't give you much space to work with. I too have my goldfish in a 10 and am looking for a 20+ gallon replacement tank. I would probably only get 1 more goldfish unless you plan to get a bigger tank soon. My goldfish are definetly begging me for a larger tank right now.

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Usually the recommendation is 20Gallon for the first goldfish and 10 Gallon for each goldfish you add. so I would say the one goldfish in the 10G. is all you can have. The reason for this is that godlfish are heavy waste producers. HTH
    Carol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice