Compact Amazon Sword Flower?

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wait for the little leaves to grow and roots to develop on the baby plants. Once they develop a nice root system, cut them off the runner and plant them.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
does this go the same for java fern. i have 2 baby java ferns growing of the main leaves of the mother plan ( which i though too be odd) and i want to take them off and plant in other places, but fear killing either the babies mut more impotrantly the mother plant? sorry to jump in with this question. but just thought it was a good place to ask instead of making a new hread for 1 answer lol. congrats op on the runners, its always fun and exciting getting babies. lets you know your doing something right in this hobby lol, well it does for me anyways hahaha

bizaliz3

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
does this go the same for java fern. i have 2 baby java ferns growing of the main leaves of the mother plan ( which i though too be odd) and i want to take them off and plant in other places, but fear killing either the babies mut more impotrantly the mother plant? sorry to jump in with this question. but just thought it was a good place to ask instead of making a new hread for 1 answer lol. congrats op on the runners, its always fun and exciting getting babies. lets you know your doing something right in this hobby lol, well it does for me anyways hahaha
I do the same with those. I wait until the baby has developed some nice roots and I gently pull it off of the mother plant. I don't bury the babies roots though. I shove them into crevices from wood or rocks.

Fish Gang For Life

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Once its grown nice roots where should I cut the new plant off from? Closer to the new plant or at the base of the runner plant?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom