community 29 Gallon Tank

1. fishboy97 Initiate Member

I just stocked a 29Gallon witha couple fish and hrere is what i got ! redtailedshark,4bloodfin tetras,3?goldnugget? (i think this is their name) tetras and 2 yoyo loaches ihad it running for two days and and two days ago i got my fish unfortunately one yoyo loach died already cause the lady that got the fish for me would catch them in the net then grab them with her bare hands

2. fishboy97 Initiate Member

oh i forgot and one male betta:;banaman

3. gunner13 Well Known Member Member

Sorry this might be a silly question but you said the tank was running for only 2 days b4 you added fish. Does that mean you didnt cycle your tank. If you didnt that might be why the loach died????

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore :)
    Keep an eye on the bettas, most times they don't play well with others.
    They can get very territorial as can your RTS.
    You might want to have a 5g up and ready in case there's trouble.

Post some pics when you get a chance.

5. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the site.

Just a note for you, as long as you wet your hand first there is nothing wrong with handling fish. I highly doubt that is why your fish died.

Brian

6. 10gallonmadness Well Known Member Member

It sounds to me like your tank isn't cycled. That is probably why your fish died. You should start doing WC everyday with some ammo-lock if you didn't cycle your tank. Some vitachem would be good to.

Sorry if I overwhelmed you, but if your tank isn't cycled time is critical.

7. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello FishBoy and Welcome :sign0016:to Fish Lore! I'm sorry to hear that you lost one of your loaches. Here is a link that you will find helpful throughout the fish keeping hobby. It's very important to know the information to help your fish survive. I know it may seem like a lot of information at one time, but we're here to help you if and when you have questions.
    The Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

The information in the link I posted is not always information given from the pet stores. Remember they are in business after all to make a sale.

If you can share photos of your tank and fish we'd love to see them!
    Hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken