community tropical freshwater tank 20 Gallon Tank 

jackgooner87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have set up my first tropical fish tank. I'm thinking of doing a central American freshwarter tank. I have been looking on diffrent sites but just want to confirm what I am planning will work and be good for the fish. I have two guppies all ready and want to add some more diffrent types of fish. Can you please confirm that these will get on and be healthy together:

2x Guppies
2x Platy
2x Swordtail (female as I know males can get agressive)

I have also been thinking about Sailfin Molly but not sure how these will get on and if I have enough space for them as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What size is your tank? Those fish should all get along together with no problems as long as you are not going to end up overstocked.

Mollies do best in water with a little salt so personally I would not mix them with the other fish, which don't do so well with salt. Mollies can be kept in water that does not contain salt but they usually need to be adjusted to this over several weeks.

jackgooner87

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have got 20 gallon tank. I did think that so I will the molly out.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
4 Guppies, 2 Swordtails & 2 Platies would be fine together ina 20gal. Make sure the tank is fully cycled before adding anymore fish. Click the underlined words: nitrogen cycle. That will take you to information about the nitrogen cycle & it's importance to the health of your fish.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads