Community Creator? Question

1. Maricalue Member Member

Hi!

I know you guys are not fan of aqadvisor, but I wanted your opinion on this community creator :
    Fish Compatibility Checker

Is it reliable?
    Since I am still waiting for my tanks to cycled, I love to try different type of stocking (it is getting harder and harder to decide, but I feel like doing something for now ahah).

Thank you!

2. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

Not sure, I've never used it.
    Mainly, you'll get more accurate results, and opinions from here. :)

3. Maricalue Member Member

Ahah! I'm sure I would but I am always changing my mind so I don't want to always bother.

4. Fanatic Well Known Member Member

Never feel afraid to ask questions.
    Remember, no questions are dumb questions.

5. Maricalue Member Member

6. James17 Well Known Member Member

Please don't use it, ask here we will answer any time you ask.
    There are people on here that have over 20 pages of questions, LOL, ;)

7. Maricalue Member Member

Ahah! All right then! I'll read and ask. ;)
    Thanks

8. Celestialgirl Well Known Member Member

A process that I follow is research temperatures, pH preferences, water hardness, and various issues such as aggressiveness to figure out compatibility. Then I put the numbers I want into one of those calculators. Finally, I come on here to do a double check. I also change my mind so many times (I have a spreadsheet lol). So far that has worked for me!

9. Maricalue Member Member

It seems like a good process.

I also started a spreadsheet with infos on the fish I like. I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one! Aha

10. KimberlyG Well Known Member Member

I've been to Aqadvisor. It's a decent site. It is a guideline not a hard and fast rule. I wish everyone used it. (I'm not talking about people on here, people shopping at petstores who believe a clown loach will do well in a twenty gallon) It is good about sending up alerts when something is off wack. I don't always agree with people here when it comes to stocking. Make sure you do your own research from multiple sites.

11. MattS99 Well Known Member Member

My stocking questions on here are more opinion questions, or like 'should I do 6 or 8 tetras?'. I usually end up doing what I wanted to anyway, lol. I've been in the hobby long enough to know what works together and what doesn't. I have a pretty different way of stocking than most people on here anyway.

12. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Just looking at their example, no it is not accurate. It says 'angelfish are too large to be mixed with guppies'. Utter nonsense. It also says that angels should be in singles or groups of 5 or more, which is also not true.

13. KimberlyG Well Known Member Member

No one debates your knowledge Anders but I have often disagreed with you. As I said, it is a guideline. It is helpful. Actually more so than some of the fighting I have seen go on here over stocking issues.

14. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I wasn't referring to aqadvisor, I was referring to the one being asked about in the OP.

And actually 'fighting' (debating) can be more helpful and informative, imo, than a tool without any dialogue or reasoning behind why they say what they do.

What have you and I disagreed about? I don't recall anything, unless you mean you read my posts and disagree with me, rather than posting on the same threads as me.

I also wasn't directing the reply you quoted to anything you said or you in particular.