Common plecco? Maybe...

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Calum98, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Calum98

Calum98 Valued Member Member

Can anyone tell me what type of plec this is? This whole time ive thought it was just a common but my friends dad who is a breeder says he doesn't think it is. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

Maybe a pitbull?

3. OP
    OP
    Calum98

Cheers I'll go look it up and compare

4. MongooseALaMode

MongooseALaMode Well Known Member Member

5. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

6. slayer5590

slayer5590 Well Known Member Member

It's a common.

7. yasha

yasha Well Known Member Member

How long have you had it and in what size tank? That may help rule common out.
    A side picture may also help a little more as we could see more of the pattern.
    To me it doesn't really look like a common From what I see in those pictures it looks like a peppered cory like pattern(not saying its a cory just coloring), more splotches then the spotted pattern on a common pleco.

8. zcpetty

zcpetty Well Known Member Member

Looks like a common. A closer side shot might help.

9. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Looks like a young common, but bear in mind that there are several species sold as "Common" Plecos. This pattern is one of the less common Commons, if that makes any sense!

10. Plecomaker

Plecomaker Well Known Member Member

id love to see a second pic to be sure, ideally diff angle.
    though, i will agree that many have gone by the title common and there are also variations, just as there have been with bristlenose.

11. OP
    OP
    Calum98

I've Had him for around 6 weeks now And hes about 2"-3" (its hard to tell because of bow fronted glass.
    Sorry these are best pictures I could get just now as hes an awkward bugger to photograph.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice