Coming Back Into Serious Aquariums...

Sthomas84

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Just joined, and starting up the biggest tank I've ever had. I've been around aquariums all my life. My folks had 14 tanks at one point, and I've always had between 10 and 20 gallon tanks in my rooms/houses. For a while, back in 07 to 12 I was totally tankless. Once my daughter got to be about 1 almost 2, we set up a betta tank for her. She and I enjoyed it while it lasted and when her betta passed on, we got a 10 gal tank with a couple glofish black tetras and 2 common plecos. (Aptly named Flotsam and Jetsam) 3.5 almost 4 years later, all 4 are still happy and healthy, tho out growing their little 10 gal home. So, Petco had their $1 a gallon tank sale, and I got the itch... A couple days later, I have a 55 gallon tank starting to cycle (safe start, old filter, and bio media from the 10 gallon) in my unused dining room. Started perusing the interwebs to catch up on the latest hobby news and found this community. Was reading through some of the posts and knew I had to join! So far, I'm stocked with 6 long fin zebras, and 2 Corey cats. Hoping to transfer the 2 plecos and glos next week! Thanks for adding me and can't wait to start adding bigger better fish. Once this tank is well established, I'll hopefully be adding some angels, gourami, a rummy nose school, and adding to my zebra school.

Dakotablue

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
If you have time it's definitely a blast. Post up some progress pics for us so we can live vicariously!

Sthomas84

Reaction score
If you have time it's definitely a blast. Post up some progress pics for us so we can live vicariously!
Oh I will! Slowly but surely I'm adding decor. So far 5 plastic but realistic looking plants, and tomorrow, I'm hoping my mopani wood will finally be cured enough to go in the tank!

Sthomas84

Reaction score
Well, it's been almost a month now, and the tank is up and looking pretty good. Still got a lot of work to do tho. It's not nearly as clear as I'd like, but I'm still working on getting tannins out. Found out I didn't let the mopani wood cure enough lol. But to update, I'm now stocked with 9 zebra danios, every color of glofish tetras, 2 angels, my 2 plecos, and 2 Corey cats. We have lost and replaced a couple through the process but all is finally well!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom