Comets

Discussion in 'Pond Fish' started by Tana, Apr 9, 2010.

1. TanaValued MemberMember

The BF was fiddling around with my camera to see if he could take better pictures with it than I was, so I thought I'd share some shots of the comets that he took at feeding time.

I use a feeding ring when I feed them so they know when it's time to eat and the food doesn't float down into the skimmer with them chasing it. It's great for me because I can also see them up close while they're eating and check for anything unusual.

Attached Files:

2. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing :)
    Carol

3. bolivianbabyFishlore LegendMember

I LOVE their coloring! I know I've told you that before, but Wow, their colors are kicking! Absolutely gorgeous fish.

4. MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

What size pond are they in? Is it above or below ground? They are gorgeous!

5. Betta WhispererWell Known MemberMember

They look more like Sarasas goldfish then comets. They are beautiful though.

6. Red1313Fishlore VIPMember

Pretty... <drool>

7. TanaValued MemberMember

Thank you all!

bolivianbaby - Thank you! I wish I could find that article again about the algae and it bringing out the colors in fish. Something about the beta carotene that algae has in it. I think there is some truth to that.

MaddieLynn - The pond is approx 1500 gallons and it's below ground. The shallowest depth is 18" and it slopes down to almost 3' where they overwinter.

whisper - I had one Sarassa (before the heron attack) and I think the two pictured may be descendents of his.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice