Combatible fish with platy 20 gallon

1. Shanieboy10 Initiate Member

Any good ideas for fish combativility with platies in a 20 gallon aquarium

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I thought you had platy fry? if so, any fish will eat them..

3. Shanieboy10 Initiate Member

Other fish for another aquarium when their grown

4. Shadowbeam Member Member

I think Molly's go fantastic with Platies :) Mine really seem to get along well, and Molly's are fantastic fish with great personalties! They are known for adding quite a bit to the bioload but welllll worth it imo :)

5. Shanieboy10 Initiate Member

What's their lwest # and highest amount

Any other ideas I like the mollys thanks

:animal0068:Hello. I've merged your posts to save some space. There is an "Edit" key at the bottom of every post that you can use to make corrections and for additional thoughts should you not have a response between your posts. It helps to save a lot of space.
    Thanks!
    Ken

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

shanieboy10 you dont need a thread for each platy question,,please keep it to one area on the same topic :) thank you

7. Shadowbeam Member Member

As for the amount of fry, I think it can be between 20-50 (occasionally more or less), normally around 30 I think. I may be wrong though ^^
    If you're after any schooling fish you could probably have some neon tetras (the old favorite) in with the Platies, around 8 is best, if not more.

8. Shanieboy10 Initiate Member

Thanks shawnie I'm new here my bad

9. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

Corydora catfish on the bottom of the tank, platys higher up. You could get 3-4 panda or bandit corys

10. joanne Initiate Member

i have sunset platys in mine who share with some guppys neon tetras dwarf gouramis hoplo catfish and some hillstream loach and they all do fine together no aggression at all

11. joanne Initiate Member

:;snow my paltys had around 75 fry and all are doing well ,but what u say is correct normally around 20 -50 fry and if its the platys first pregnancy more likely to be under 20 fry

12. Shadowbeam Member Member

75! Nice! Hehe thanks for the update :)
    It seems like it can be so varied with livebearers

13. mr.fishy Member Member

looks like some good suggestions above. I have a guppy and some neons with my platys. like some of the other members