Columnaris Question

Maggie4

Reaction score
Hi all! My first post here. I just lost three out of four of my fish to Columnaris. The one that's left is a pink gourami, and is showing no signs of illness. By the time I figured out Columnaris was the problem, I couldn't find the medicine locally that I needed to treat this. So I ordered Furan-2 and Kanaplex from Amazon. Sadly it arrived today, but my two synodontis cats did not make it. One died yesterday, and the other was dead when I got up this morning. Makes me sad, I've had them quite a while and they were at least 8 to 10 inches long. I got them at Walmart when they were babies, only about an inch long.

Anyways, now that the medicine I need arrived, should I go ahead and treat the tank with it, even though my lone surviving fish has no symptoms? Should I take the fish out and strip down the tank, sanitize everything, and start fresh? I'm not sure what I should do in this case. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore sorry you’re having a problem hope you get some responses today

Maggie4

Reaction score
Thank you! I did decide to treat the tank, just in case the gourami was suffering internally. He is eating well and is active, though. He's got the whole tank to himself now sadly, or maybe he's happy about that, who knows!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom