Columbian shark juveniles in marine setup?

ddj

Reaction score
Hi, how big or old do columbian sharks need to be before being introduced into brackish water and then full salt water?

OP
ddj

ddj

Reaction score
300g anyway if they come from freshwater how to I transfer them to brackish water and at what age or size do they need full saltwater.

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I read up on them, as somebody else mentioned them lately. Seems they start to transfer to brackish at about 3cm and can be kept in water with 1.001 - 1,010g/cm³ density until they reach 10cm. After that until adulthood 1.010 - 1.018g/cm³ seem to be preferred. At about 25-30cm they go full saltwater.

Hope that helps.

OP
ddj

ddj

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply I appreciate you looking the info up, they are 5cm long so they should be ok in full brackish water can anyone confirm if the drip method is suitable to transfer them in a few hours from freshwater to brackish water? I got this screenshot from a website about the method mentioned the shop I purchased them from still have them in freshwater I don’t have them yet but want to transfer them into a brackish aquarium salt ratio 1:010.

Attachments

MacZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have no personal experience but all people that do brackish and saltwater that I know do drip for the salt ratio, so I guess this would be the right way to go. No guarantees, though.
The description looks ok.

Good luck! Pics when it worked. :)

OP
ddj

ddj

Reaction score

New Threads