Columbian Ramshorn snails with anubias?

Vegetarianpanda

I heard they love to eat plants but I was wondering if anubias is safe from them as its a tougher plant.
I have anubias with my goldfish and my goldfish haven't eaten it so thought maybe it was safe with gaint columbian ramshorns too.

Mazeus

They will eat it. I keep these snails, they even ate the pothos growing out of the aquarium. No plant is safe I'm afraid. Still love mine though.

Vegetarianpanda

Mazeus said:
They will eat it. I keep these snails, they even ate the pothos growing out of the aquarium. No plant is safe I'm afraid. Still love mine though.
Lol I guess my dream of getting big snails in my goldfish tank will have to wait. Maybe ill try some bigger apple snails (I had apple snail species that got as big as a softball and didn't eat my plants) got it from petsmart they had different shell shape then my mystery snails in my community tank.

I really like columbian gaint ramshorn snails but I dont have a tank to dedicate to them Sadly. I have 6 tanks but all have plants or are too small for such a big snail.

Mazeus

Vegetarianpanda said:
Lol I guess my dream of getting big snails in my goldfish tank will have to wait. Maybe ill try some bigger apple snails (I had apple snail species that got as big as a softball and didn't eat my plants) got it from petsmart they had different shell shape then my mystery snails in my community tank.

I really like columbian gaint ramshorn snails but I dont have a tank to dedicate to them Sadly. I have 6 tanks but all have plants or are too small for such a big snail.
Yeah, I know what you mean. They currently keep my quarantine tank cycled so they live on their own most of the time.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom