Coloring Or Columnaris?

haleigh95

Reaction score
He's a 2-3 month old guppy and he finally started to show color a couple weeks ago. He's turned super orange within the past week, and within the last two days a shiny pale blue spot has appeared on his back. I'm hoping it's not columnaris, I'm panicking!

20190619_212152.jpg
20190619_204721.jpg

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its difficult to determine from a pic, but my guess is the light blue patch is just natural coloration. The position of the patch does mimic the "Saddleback" symptom but I think its just coincidental.

OP
H

haleigh95

Reaction score
A201 said:
Its difficult to determine from a pic, but my guess is the light blue patch is just natural coloration. The position of the patch does mimic the "Saddleback" symptom but I think its just coincidental.
I'm hoping so! Should I separate him just in case? He's not acting sick at all!

Attachments

A201

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have another tank available, transferring the fish will give you a little piece of mind. Columnaris is a quick killer. It shouldn't take long to determine. Good luck.

OP
H

haleigh95

Reaction score
A201 said:
If you have another tank available, transferring the fish will give you a little piece of mind. Columnaris is a quick killer. It shouldn't take long to determine. Good luck.
Ok, thank you! I hope I don't lose him

OP
H

haleigh95

Reaction score
I looked at pics from when I bought him and his daddy has a shiny blue spot there too!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom