Color Development Or Fin Rot?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by SammiW003, Apr 20, 2017.

1. SammiW003Valued MemberMember

Hey everyone! Storm had severe fin rot last month and his fins have grown so much! He has clear sections of fins where it's grown back but it just recently developed color and he's had some color in places he never has. Is his environment just allowing his colors to flourish or is it fin rot? When I first got him a couple months ago (in January) he had a lot of clear sections of fins. As you can see here, it's now getting darker in the clear areas and the red is growing out. I'm just unfamiliar with Betta diseases and I'm hoping he's not relapsing. dd1ab89919a653a594e2d3183adc1d09.jpg4d3ff8155af50fb6f5a51f8f8d9f3ef7.jpg

2. KaderTheAntWell Known MemberMember

I'm assuming you bought him as a butterfly betta, yes? If so I think it's color development. Most butterflies get blacked edges as they age

3. SammiW003Valued MemberMember

Yeah, he came in a container that said butterfly male. How old would he be if he is getting blackened edges?

4. KaderTheAntWell Known MemberMember

That I don't know, sorry. I'd assume more than 5 months though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice