Color contacts anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by soltarianknight, Dec 24, 2012.

1. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Alright, show of fins, who here also wears/has worn colored contacts? Seriously need to know, im the only person at my school that wears them and its making me feel secluded(more so then usual.) Think i might just get my eye inked one of these days.

2. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I think it depends on the quality of the contact, and the color. I knew a girl in high school who had dark brown eyes and wore blue ones, but we were all used to dark brown eyes so it was odd when she started wearing them. Also I think they were cheap because they were often crooked, so the brown would peek out underneath. I knew another girl who wore contacts that added a red outline around her iris...not sure of the draw there, since it just made her eyes look bloodshot. But there was another person I knew who I couldn't even tell they were wearing colored contacts because they were so natural-looking.

I've never worn any sort of contacts personally, though. I can't imagine jabbing things into my eyes on a daily basis.

3. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I tried the hazel colored ones ( I have dark brown eyes ) and although it did make my eye "pop" a bit, I decided after a year that it was just too expensive to keep it up.

I wear the monthly soft contacts so I wash them every night and throw them out after a month. I sleep in them once in awhile ( if we go on vacation )

LOVE my contacts!!!! I don't even own a pair of glasses ( can't wear anyway because the plastic gives me a rash behind the ears and on my nose )

4. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Lol, I have had a few pairs. My first were amazing, black hibiscus outline that goes over the iris, works for any eye color. The last pair i had were cheap and flimsy, they looked nice, bright platinum silver but hurt too much. My current ones are from a company called H2O and they are the best yet, my first solid pair. Called blue wheel. Normally I aim for natural, but i couldn't resist.
    [​IMG]
    My Eyes are naturally green so opaque contacts always have a different effect then expected. I have also had black outs. They make you look like a dopey eyed anime character....

5. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

eh I better stick to my clear ones... been wearing them for years but recently I have been considering the laser eye surgery... it sure would make life a lot easier to not have to fool with contacts/glasses.... I am a former police officer and had no problem fighting drunks and dope heads but when it comes to needles eh... I am like a girl.. (no offense to girls hehe) but I also have my doubts on the surgery because of other peoples stories of complications. We only get 2 eyes and thats it.. once they are messed up ugh that would be very bad......

6. Ziggi

Ziggi Well Known Member Member

I want to get contacts but the idea of spending $300 for a required "class" to show me how to use them and care kinda killed it. I shall remain blind with glasses :) But I know the non-natural colors creap me out a bit (sorry...). I know ALOT of people with dark brown eyes who wear lighter contacts that make their eyes kinda ... "pop" alot. It almost reminds me of a vampire cause they're extra bright and the people (99.5% of them) open their eyes really wide for whatever reason... :( the entire time I think to myself "omg ... dont bite me ... where's a steak ... or stake when I need one!"

7. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

LOL XDXDXD Vampires, ironically, I order a pair called Black Wolf yesterday. I keep my eyes half shut most of the time anyways, that pic is as wide as they go.

8. Ziggi

TWILIGHT EYES!!! Omg you should walk around with the red drained into gold eyes that they get when they go vegetarian. See how many funny looks/comments you get? (kidding! That may not turn out well!) You ever try the cat eyes or ... what was that other contact thing from forever ago .... *think* there were the "shiners" from Riddick and like dice or ... emoticons or something (a friend of mine showed me a website, I've yet to see them in person thank goodness!)

9. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Personally I dislike pokeing at my eyes so I will stick with my glasses... however I have been giving thought to eye inking :) I saw some pretty cool ones but I am not sure I could stand it xD

10. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

If it doesn't have radial symmetry, don't wear it. Cat eyes can shift and turn so that one is vertical and the other is horizontal, same for all no radial symmetric designs.

11. Reefdweller

Reefdweller Valued Member Member

They make you take a required class on how to use them care for them!? Are you serious? That is crazy and I dont blame you for not doing that for $300. I have never heard of that before. They are not at all hard to take care of and once you get use to popping them in your eyes it becomes just every day life. I would check around on that.. because that is not fair and a big ole money racket.... just sayin....

12. Ziggi

3 different stores between $175-$300 ($300 was a total package of class plus one or two sets... nothing spectacular) I agree it's rediculous. I said the same thing when I first heard ... actually I laughed! Maybe prices have changed, last I checked was last year I think... I'll check around again. :(

13. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

I never had to take classes.....of course, mine arn't prescription.

14. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

I wear contracts to hide my eyes cuz my normal eyes freak people out. I even wear non prescription with my glasses when I feel like having a relaxed day.

15. OP
    OP
    soltarianknight

Pics!!!

16. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Lets see if my phone well let me upload them

17. Ziggi

Where're you located... I'm moving -_-; granted, alot of stuff in MD is rediculous :;dk Oh well... I just want to be able to wear sunglasses in the winter (sun reflecting off of snow kills me!) and summer... my transitions + prescription was like $600 -_-; yeah ... (clipons are a pain and hard to find)

agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. kinezumi89

Agreed!! :)

I have pale hazel eyes and everyone always says that they're yellow and I am therefore a vampire :p The fact that I wear sunglasses religiously, even if it's overcast, doesn't help.

19. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

UV rays still penetrate cloud cover. I always wear sunglasses too, gotta protect my ninja eyes.

20. kinezumi89

My sunglasses were $200, they rarely leave my head - either on my eyes on on top of my head :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice