Color changing with dropsy?

Analisemcg

My betta has been pineconing for around 2 weeks now, I’ve been doing epsom soaks and waiting for the antibiotics to get shipped in. It’s taking FOREVER so I figured she was a goner. But she’s still very active besides the pineconing. She’s lost a lot of colors like the red and blue but around her scales on her stomach are turning blackish and she’s getting spots. I’m worried the fish before her gave her a disease, I bought a sick fish who lived in this tank a while ago. He was lethargic, was struggling to breathe, and was pineconing badly. I figured he had flukes so I have parasite treatment, should I be treating her with this? (She lives in a 7.5 gallon with an ADF)

(the 3rd? Pic is her before.)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 24
  • B3A28F23-0DC5-457A-B96D-6DE0083BB936.jpeg
    B3A28F23-0DC5-457A-B96D-6DE0083BB936.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 23

Rose of Sharon

Hi,

It may be my eyes, but she doesn't look like she is pineconing to me, or if she is, it is slight. Can you get a pic from above?

Is she rubbing against things? Is she having trouble breathing? Is she sloughing off mucus? Do her gills look red, or inflamed compared to what they normally look like?

If she isn't doing any of those things, I don't think that she has flukes.

Usually pineconing happens when there is organ failure, most often kidney failure. They get bloated from the build up fluid in the body.

Is she still eating?

A pic from above would help with confirming dropsy.

Analisemcg

Hi,

It may be my eyes, but she doesn't look like she is pineconing to me, or if she is, it is slight. Can you get a pic from above?

Is she rubbing against things? Is she having trouble breathing? Is she sloughing off mucus? Do her gills look red, or inflamed compared to what they normally look like?

If she isn't doing any of those things, I don't think that she has flukes.

Usually pineconing happens when there is organ failure, most often kidney failure. They get bloated from the build up fluid in the body.

Is she still eating?

A pic from above would help with confirming dropsy.
I’m not going to be home for a day, but she is pineconing. She still eats fine and she isn’t showing signs of flukes as of now. I’ll get a picture when I’m home, thank you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
20 Gallon Tank Bloated or dropsy?
Replies
Views
wendoot
Replies
Views
Tayler
Replies
Views
CoconutTheBetta