Color change

NightCrow

Hello, I recently got a red veil tail male betta from petco and I'm wondering if it's normal for them to change colors? I noticed a couple days after I got him, he's started having a bit of purple on his fins, tail, and some on his scale as well as his face. Is this normal??? This is my first time keeping a Betta fish

Salem

Its perfectly normal for bettas to change colours. Most bettas from pet stores have something called a marble gene that causes their colour to shift constantly. Plus the bettas you see for sale are typically very young and not fully grown/matured yet.

As a note just because I noticed your profile says you aren't aware of the nitrogen cycle; you will want to look into that. It is the most important thing when it comes to keeping any aquatic pet.

Upvote 0

NightCrow

Its perfectly normal for bettas to change colours. Most bettas from pet stores have something called a marble gene that causes their colour to shift constantly. Plus the bettas you see for sale are typically very young and not fully grown/matured yet.

As a note just because I noticed your profile says you aren't aware of the nitrogen cycle; you will want to look into that. It is the most important thing when it comes to keeping any aquatic pet.
Thank you!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
bcfishtanks
  • Question
Replies
Views
SRS
Replies