color change of female blue gourmis

Discussion in 'Blue Gourami' started by lottafish, Mar 27, 2010.

1. l

lottafish New Member Member

i just got home from work and in checking my tanks my female blue gourmis looks as if someone dipped her in a can of dark blue paint...... her back half is much darker then normal and much darker the the front half of her. there is both a male and female in the tank with other cohabitants. it is a community tank. cant post water params till my friend gets home from work so i can get my test kit back.water temp is fine last water change was yesterday. and her color was fine then. all other fish look and act fine she is not acting weird just color is off. any ideas till i get my water tested??

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

what size tank are they in? I dont see gouramis or any community fish listed ......gouramis are like bettas and dont do well with others of their own kind.sound like shes major stressed or he is picking on her and the stress is making her color changes :(

3. h

headsy Valued Member Member

dont gouramis change colour like that when there ready to breed??

4. Jrobber

Jrobber Well Known Member Member

I am looking for an answer to this too. I have two Blue Gourami and they both turn a very dark blue occasionally. I have a picture of both in my profile album if you would like to see how blue one gets.

It never seems like they are stressed, but then again, I'm not 100% for sure how to tell if they are stressed. My water parameters have stayed the same, expect for some minor water temperature changes over the last three weeks or so. Nothing drastic, just raised the temperature to treat some ICK on other fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice