College?

What are you going to college for?

• Total voters

rainman

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What degree/major are you going, or plan on going to college for? I'llpost general categories. Be sure to explain your degree thoroughly enough .

Vet. Tech. 4 years at Baker College. I would be considered the veterinarian's assistant; helping with surgeries, clean cages, euthanasia etc...

Merged back to back posts.

Ken

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Criminal Justice. Finishing a 2 year degree at a community college then going for a 4 year. Law Enforcement basically.

ariolex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
University of Manchester, Social anthropology Phd
Title: Who owns the fish? Stakeholders' Participation in Contested Natural Resources Management ...i guess, lol

BTW- humanities is sort of an important category that is missing

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
At Metropolitan State University for a Creative Writing degree.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I can't participate because I'm all done, but this is an interesting poll.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm going for an evolutionary biology degree. I am also getting my A+ certification and Microsoft certification for help desk/pc repair.

Shock

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Economics / Computer Information Systems double major here.

The Econ portion should be done by the end of the year!

korrupted555

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
baseball haha the sport is my true love, im playing for my current school and hoping to get drafted at the end of my college career...as for actual academics...im taking general classes right now and im leaning towards majoring in law enforcement with the intent of becoming a DEA agent

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I've been toying with the idea of either getting a BSN (nursing to become an RN then an MSN to become a Certified Nurse Midwife) or a **** to become a Physician's Assistant. PAs are like doctors, but only take the first three years of medical school. They practice under an MDs license but otherwise function in the same roles. But going for the PA would mean moving and my husband finding a new job, so the BSN is more likely. I already have a BA in Foreign Affairs from the University of Virginia.

-Lisa

Slug

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
korrupted555 said:
baseball haha the sport is my true love, im playing for my current school and hoping to get drafted at the end of my college career...as for actual academics...im taking general classes right now and im leaning towards majoring in law enforcement with the intent of becoming a DEA agent
You should look at Customs/Border Patrol too. Always hiring and the pay is good. I'd love to but I think I should learn some spanish first heh

korrupted555

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Slug said:
You should look at Customs/Border Patrol too. Always hiring and the pay is good. I'd love to but I think I should learn some spanish first heh
haha dont even get me started on what spanish i know...lets just say i know more latin phrases than spanish.

crashEHC

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Applying to get into a Master's program for Econ at a state university

RayRay

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Going for my associate's in Mechanical Engineering and my CAD certificate.

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
4 year bachelor of arts program majoring in Criminology... Not sure what career I'm looking at though. Possibly corrections or paralegal

Asialyn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well since I live in Ontario, I doubt most people will know the school I'm going to, but what the heck...

I'm taking Medical Radiation technology (fancy term for x-ray technologist) at Confederation College. Its my first year out of 2 1/2. It took me longer to get accepted, so I'm pretty stoked!!

crazedACD

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I'm working on paying off some stuff, then hopefully I will be going back to school to work on an xray tech degree.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Let's please stay on topic folks.

Thanks.

Rhan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Doing a double degree, bachelor of arts/bachelor of science. Majoring in Pyschology and Biology. After I'm done, I'll either do an honours year, or apply to do medicine, or I'm toying with the idea of applying for veterinary science.... Well, I still have 2 years before I have to worry about the next step

Riverwind54

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
No more school as I am soon to be 64 and I am retired.

Before retirement I was a system analysts.

River

striker

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
4 Year degree on Computer Engineering. Cal State University Northridge

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom