Cold Weather Shock With Plants?

MrFishkeeper1

I ordered some Plants and they experienced below 50 degree Weather for a total of about 12-18 hours at different times and I did my best to somewhat acclimate them to the warmer water tempatures and air tempatures. Will it be too much, if so when will I see symptoms? It was never below freezing if that makes a big difference? (They are all in a tank planted at the moment, they all appear healthy and were the same when they came in)

BigManAquatics

Depending where they are native to, might be a little shocked that cold. Freezing seems to be the danger point in my experience with pretty much any plant. Some it is just the foliage, the more tropical ones, freezing will also kill the bulbs and keep it from growing again.

MrFishkeeper1

Alright, I will just wait and see, I was assuming the freezing was the worst, I'm hoping for the best, thanks

BigManAquatics

Alright, I will just wait and see, I was assuming the freezing was the worst, I'm hoping for the best, thanks
May have got cold enough to grow dormant. But would think not if was above freezing.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
CHJ
Replies
Views
SM1199
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views